Solved

Can OVO replace my boiler?

• 21 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Boiler is coming up to 10 years old, although the boiler is supposedly energy efficient it has a feature on it where the boiler fires up every hour for some reason, the British Gas engineer says that modern boilers don't do this and the heating up feature is a waste of gas as there's no way of turning it off. Also the boiler has a low output and in the winter it takes forever and a day to get the water hot, when filling a bath you have to trickle the water in otherwise the water is just lukewarm.

Both my wife and I are on benefits and don't have much disposable income, so was wondering if any companies, agencies provide a free boiler replacement or provide one at a reduced cost. Thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to any replies.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 27 September 2018, 16:42

Hi @mansbestfriend - we don't offer boiler replacements unfortunately. If you're an OVO customer, we've partenered up with a company called CORGI to offer deals on boiler cover, though. You can find more information about this here. Hope this helps!

**Updated 16/07/2019**
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @mansbestfriend - we don't offer boiler replacements unfortunately. If you're an OVO customer, we've partenered up with a company called CORGI to offer deals on boiler cover, though. You can find more information about this here. Hope this helps!

**Updated 16/07/2019**
Hi all,

I have no idea where to start with getting a new boiler, I moved into a 5th floor flat in summer and the boiler had problems when I moved in. It's a really old combi boiler and the gas man said that it would need replacing fairly soon when I first moved in.

Now winter has come and the boiler is not ignoring, rather than fixing the problem I would rather just get a new boiler so I can (hopefully) have less future hassle.

The good news is I am working away for the next month and only coming back 2 days a week so the lack of hot water isn't a massively urgent issue.

But my question is How do I know what sort of boiler is good and do any of you have any recommendations?

And also how does the boiler installation process go? Can I buy and have it installed by the same company or are the two done separately?

Thanks for reading!
Userlevel 2
Hi @MikeC, I've moved your question over here, as @Nancy_OVO comment should help 🙂