Pinned Solved

Why is there no usage history on new OVO smart meter online experience?

• 10 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I've just been ported over to the "new" smart meter online experience.
Currently it is only showing usage from the 21st September.

Is historic date going to be loaded?
icon

Best answer by Mw2870 10 October 2018, 22:50

I found the answer!

Our focus for the next 3 months is:

- Providing a way for you to compare your usage data.
- Helping you know what your monthly payments should be.
- Showing all your previous usage data.

Shame I have lost access to that data for the time being!
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I found the answer!

Our focus for the next 3 months is:

- Providing a way for you to compare your usage data.
- Helping you know what your monthly payments should be.
- Showing all your previous usage data.

Shame I have lost access to that data for the time being!
Userlevel 6
Badge
You've "best answered" your own question, @Mw2870! Haha.

How's the new account looking so far?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Well, sometimes you get the most sense out of yourself! Haha!
I jumped the gun too quickly, and posted before I head read the information on this link:

Maybe a little note above the graph to say that usage will take 24 hours to load might be in order, to stop people like me jumping the gun! However I think @Cassie_OVO has taken this feedback point onboard!

I am now pleased to say that less than 24 hours since I migrated and I now have usage data going back to October 2017.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
How's the new account looking so far?

In one word, "Basic", but I do understand that it is work in progress.

In more than one word, I would say that it is currently a bit text heavy and would benefit for a bit more padding and some more buttons and graphics rather than text links. That being said currently I can do everything I need to manage my account online, but it doesn't look as slick as the old portal.

More detailed feedback can be found on the thread here:
https://forum.ovoenergy.com/need-extra-help-and-support-94/can-i-be-taken-off-your-new-ovo-smart-meter-online-experience-4941/index1.html#post13489
It is a nice update in the ovo and I faced some issues while taking the snapshot of the reading. I tried to resolve it from (*link removed) but it did not help me much. Any other alternatives ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
It is a nice update in the ovo and I faced some issues while taking the snapshot of the reading. I tried to resolve it from (*link removed) but it did not help me much. Any other alternatives ??

Not sure what happened here, Joanas. You shouldn't need to submit your readings with a smart meter and this new platform. Send over some more info and anther user will advise, maybe the very helpful @Mw2870 himself! 🤓
Userlevel 4
Badge
Every day I check the website for the previous day's Electric or Gas readings. Today, they've vanished and I'm presented with a new screen suggesting I compare my usage with others.... But jolly of jollies I can see how much I've used on my statement.

I am also informed of what "Your average daily costs". But the option to view by Year, Month, Week or day is gone.

And instead I have this message:

Doesn't look right?
We're working on upgrading your usage graph to make it more accurate. In the meantime you can see how much you've used on your statement, here's how to read it in OVO Answers

Have I been half moved into the new portal that we know you've been working on for some time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Have I been half moved into the new portal that we know you've been working on for some time?

Let's see what others think, @Rooty

@jonaspaul @Mw2870 @getting more like B Gas @navmanl200 @Revorgp - does this sound like the new smart meter experience you have?
Userlevel 1
I have gone back to the old OVO portal, the new one is definitely a work in progress, but for me doesn’t give me the information I require. I have offered to help out with development, but was surprised to be told they can’t set you up in both portals at the same time, shame as I would have loved to help with development. 😢
i am sure given time the new portal will get there, just. A bit surprised OVO ‘chucked’ it out there as a work in progress. That’s what development is, but you use a selected number of individuals not your whole customer base. 😉