Solved

Why have my monthly statements stopped since October?

• 11 April 2019
  • 10 replies

I've been on a smart meter for more than a year, and was getting monthly statements on my online account regularly up until October 2018 - then they stopped, and although the monthly usage information is available since, it doesn't show the meter readings they are based on, so there's no way to confirm the charges are calculated accurately.

Is there a reason statements are no longer being sent? I get the self-service award so can't contact OVO without the risk of losing that! Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Julian_OVO 25 April 2019, 12:07

Thanks @Darran_OVO

HI @bushbaby,

At the moment you can access meter readings by hovering over the bars in the usage graphs by going to https://smartpaym.ovoenergy.com/usage. I know this isn't the easiest method and we're working on adding them to the charges section at https://smartpaym.ovoenergy.com/charges.

Regarding statements specifically, we've been working hard to understand how statements are used by different customers and what the underlying needs of customers are. They are complex documents containing a lot of information that many customers often find difficult to understand and irrelevant to their needs.

We've started work on a new statement format that we will initially offer a PDF file download on a per calendar month basis to mirror how information is presented on the website and in the app. Once the first version is available we'll be looking for feedback from customers to help us to iterate and improve. I'll post in the forum when it's available.

Julian.
View original

10 replies

Just spoken to OVO - apparently they're moving some customers to a new system which has been delayed - possibly fixed by July/August 2019, but you can call if you need to check what meter readings their usage records are based on if not available in your account, and not terminate your self-service award.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @bushbaby,

Glad to hear you got the information you needed on this.

Sounds like you've been moved onto our new online experience which is designed specifically for people with smart meters. On this version of the website you should have an account balance which changes daily based on your usage, rather than a monthly bill.

Cheers
Hey @bushbaby,

Glad to hear you got the information you needed on this.

Sounds like you've been moved onto our new online experience which is designed specifically for people with smart meters. On this version of the website you should have an account balance which changes daily based on your usage, rather than a monthly bill.

Cheers

That may explain the issue if your on a smart meter. However in my case no smart meter so why no statements?

Regards
Hi @Nancy_OVO ,

Thanks for your reply - that is correct, but the critical thing that is missing from your new "online experience", is that the is no way I can see the meter readings so I can confirm they are correct with what's showing on the meters - all you say is that I've used (x)KwH on a certain day, but nothing ties back with the meter, so you could be charging me incorrectly as far as I can tell unless I look at it on a daily basis or manually tot up the daily readings since the statements stopped to see if they match...I trust that will be resolved soon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@bushbaby I'm going to reach out and ask our resident expert @Julian_OVO to help here.......

Hopefully he will be able to shed some light on the new experience and any plans to change this.

Darran
Userlevel 2
Thanks @Darran_OVO

HI @bushbaby,

At the moment you can access meter readings by hovering over the bars in the usage graphs by going to https://smartpaym.ovoenergy.com/usage. I know this isn't the easiest method and we're working on adding them to the charges section at https://smartpaym.ovoenergy.com/charges.

Regarding statements specifically, we've been working hard to understand how statements are used by different customers and what the underlying needs of customers are. They are complex documents containing a lot of information that many customers often find difficult to understand and irrelevant to their needs.

We've started work on a new statement format that we will initially offer a PDF file download on a per calendar month basis to mirror how information is presented on the website and in the app. Once the first version is available we'll be looking for feedback from customers to help us to iterate and improve. I'll post in the forum when it's available.

Julian.
Thank you @Julian_OVO - that is very helpful and will do for now. All I look for in statements is the start and end period they cover with meter readings for that period, together with the charges for the same period (and bought-forward and carried forward credit/debt) with confirmation on the rate of the current tariff, so everything can be double checked for accuracy.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
That may explain the issue if your on a smart meter. However in my case no smart meter so why no statements?

Regards

Hey @Icklefitz - if you don't have a smart meter then this would likely indicate a different issue altogether. We might need to do a bit of digging to find out why you haven't had any bills.

Had you received them before and suddenly they've stopped? Have you had a meter exchange at all? Alternatively, is your account currently going through a Reading Dispute or Erroneous Transfer that you know of?

Cheers
Hi Nancy_OVO Thanks for response, in summary:

No Smart meter
Last statement dated 16th Nov 18
No reading dispute or erroneous transfer that I'm aware of

Help?

Thanks in advance
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Icklefitz,

In this case, I reckon there's a bill stuck in the system with some 'warning flags' on it which need to be manually approved before we can run it live.

Sometimes our billing system throws up a 'warning flag' for various reasons - a reading that seems to high or too low, or maybe the first reading provided for a while. There's usually nothing to be concerned about, the system is just saying "this is unexpected" or "this doesn't fir the pattern" and is asking us to check.

If you drop the team on Facebook a message, or call customer services on 0330 303 5063, they'll be able to sort this out for you.

Cheers!