Solved

Smart Meter Usage Graphs

• 26 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Had gas and electric smart meters installed last week, which I have to say the process from order to installation was very slick and pain free.

The meters sermed to be working fine for a couple of days - I could see the half hourly readings on the usage graphs for both gas and electric. Then on the third day the half hourly readings for the gas stopped and the same total gas usage appears in the graph every day.

There is a meter reading being provided according to the meter reading section online.

is it too early to be an issue, will things settle down with time?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Transparent 26 July 2019, 21:54

Hi @Neilupnorth and welcome to the Forum.

Could you please complete your Forum Profile page? That's where we look for basic information about you.

In this case it's particularly important because you may be sufficiently far north that you're a customer in the Northern Territory for SMETS2 Smart Meters. There are far fewer Smart Meters in that Territory, and they have different network frequencies and internal software. We'd be very interested to learn more details if you are indeed in the Territory for which Arqiva have the licence.

Yes, it's a lot too early for there to be sensible readings from your meters. It can take a month before you even get your Tariff details downloaded into the Communications Hub. There's a lot of commissioning work to happen first.

Have a look at this other Topic where I've tried to explain as much as I can about the newer SMETS2 meters.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Neilupnorth and welcome to the Forum.

Could you please complete your Forum Profile page? That's where we look for basic information about you.

In this case it's particularly important because you may be sufficiently far north that you're a customer in the Northern Territory for SMETS2 Smart Meters. There are far fewer Smart Meters in that Territory, and they have different network frequencies and internal software. We'd be very interested to learn more details if you are indeed in the Territory for which Arqiva have the licence.

Yes, it's a lot too early for there to be sensible readings from your meters. It can take a month before you even get your Tariff details downloaded into the Communications Hub. There's a lot of commissioning work to happen first.

Have a look at this other Topic where I've tried to explain as much as I can about the newer SMETS2 meters.
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

Still early days then, so plenty of time for the smart meter readings and usage graphs to sort themselves out.

I'm in Sunderland by the way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks. Are you able to post a photograph of your Smart Meter(s) here?

No one else in the Northern Territory has yet done so, and it would be interesting to see.

I have a technical document which tells me all the patterns which can be displayed from the two bi-colour LEDs on your Communications Hub. I must get around to turning this into a GIF like I did for the Toshiba units in Central and Southern areas.
Here are photos of my SMETS2 meters;

Electric:

Gas:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for these Neil. It's interesting to see that you have a Honeywell (Elster) SMETS2 Electricity Meter rather than one from EDMI, which was originally proposed. The more alternative suppliers, the lower is the risk.

The AS302P is derived from their standard AS300P product, but redesigned to offer the Initimate Communications Hub Interface (ICHI) at the top.

I don't think there is an alternative for EDMI's Communications Hub in the Northern Territory. There was an outcry a couple of years ago when leaked documents showed EDMI requesting £7m to change a component so that the HAN could offer both 2.4GHz and 868MHz frequencies. Details here in The Register.

Next week I'm going to ask one of the Moderators to move this Topic across and merge it with the existing one on SMETS2 Smart Meter Installation. That's where others will look in future to find this sort of information, so it makes sense to keep it all together.