Solved

New OVO Smart Meter Experience - will we ever be getting a formal bill with this new system?

• 1 November 2018
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
I've just been told by OVO customer services that now I have been transferred to the 'new account', I will no longer be getting my monthly statements. Apparently only the running balance will be used to show how much you are in credit or debit.

Did anyone know about this? Did I miss something? I do not remember seeing anything about no more statements in the explanations of the 'new account'.

Could anyone please help me answer the following questions:

1) Will we ever be getting a formal bill with this new system?

2) Does anyone know how we now get a QR Code for direct comparison with other suppliers? This was always shown on a statement and is a quick way to get like for like comparison without having to do all the adding up yourself.

3) Does anyone know how we can get a view of the total KW hours used between two user selected dates (not calendar month) as is showing in the myOVO app now e.g. what is the total consumption for gas or electricity between 19th September and 18th October, without having to add up all the daily usage myself?

4) Has anyone found a way of getting a direct comparison of cost and usage between the same period (eg. September) for the current year and the previous year without having to get the spreadsheets out or go and fiddle with your IHD?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 5 November 2018, 17:17

2) Does anyone know how we now get a QR Code for direct comparison with other suppliers? This was always shown on a statement and is a quick way to get like for like comparison without having to do all the adding up yourself.

3) Does anyone know how we can get a view of the total KW hours used between two user selected dates (not calendar month) as is showing in the myOVO app now e.g. what is the total consumption for gas or electricity between 19th September and 18th October, without having to add up all the daily usage myself?

4) Has anyone found a way of getting a direct comparison of cost and usage between the same period (eg. September) for the current year and the previous year without having to get the spreadsheets out or go and fiddle with your IHD?

Lots of questions here, @Abreaders - I'll do my best to help and I'll wait for other users to chip in with their experience of this new platform:

At the moment there's no formal monthly statement. You get a running balance, updated from the smart meter every day, and a formal statement every 6 months. This might change to every month if that's what our customers want!

There's also no QR code or historic usage, as of yet. This new experience is in development, so we'll be adding new features all the time. You can add feedback for suggested improvements that goes straight to the developers - do this at the top of page!
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Lots of questions here, @Abreaders - I'll do my best to help and I'll wait for other users to chip in with their experience of this new platform:

At the moment there's no formal monthly statement. You get a running balance, updated from the smart meter every day, and a formal statement every 6 months. This might change to every month if that's what our customers want!

There's also no QR code or historic usage, as of yet. This new experience is in development, so we'll be adding new features all the time. You can add feedback for suggested improvements that goes straight to the developers - do this at the top of page!
Userlevel 1
If there is to be no monthly statement where are the credits going to be itemised?

I see there is a link to 'payments and refunds' but what about the interest and self service rewards?

Is there any reason why I can see hourly usage for electric but not for gas?
Hey @TeeJay

Your credits will be shown on the online monthly breakdown produced at the end of each calendar month.

The interest and self service reward hasn't been added to this new billing system yet. But I've been advised that this will be added on one of the next updates. Although you can't see these rewards at the moment - they will be affecting your online balance.

This gas issue sounds like it might be unique to your account. I'd recommend calling us on 0330 303 5063 so we can take a closer look.
Userlevel 2
@Abreaders

Thanks for your questions, I can add a bit more detail to @Tim_OVO's answers.

There are instances where a formal bill will be sent, but as has been mentioned we've moved away from a monthly statement as standard. More information regarding billing and statements is now available in this post: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/new-ovo-smart-meter-experience-116/billing-and-statements-what-do-i-need-to-know-5148. It would be great to know what you think of the changes discussed in that topic.

The QR Code component of a statement is something that we don't have any visibility of how useful it is to our customers so it's really interesting that you bring it up. How often do you use it and with which apps?

I'm afraid not at the moment. Usage data is an area of the new experience that we're rebuilding from scratch to deliver a better experience than the previous My OVO. What questions are you looking to answer by totalling up your usage between two user selected dates?

We've started off aligning our data and presentation to calendar months as it's our hypothesis that most customers can relate better to calendar months than the current arbitrary statement dates each month, but we're definitely looking towards the other end of the spectrum of complete flexibility for customers to interrogate their data in fine detail.

Again, this is a feature of our usage data that we're working on and hope to have something in place before the end of the year. Our initial plans are to allow comparison with the immediate previous time period, and the same period the previous year (for daily and half-hourly usage). We're also looking at aggregating the daily usage data into an annual view that shows the total energy used each month of the year.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your reply Emily.

My online monthly breakdown for 8th to 31st October does not show any credits.

I can now see the Ovo Interest Reward for 1st to 7th November but the amount does not appear to be right.

Is the self service reward now being paid quarterly?

Hopefully my gas issue will be resolved soon but as a matter of interest if I rang you would it affect my self service reward?
Hi @TeeJay - I've had an update from our team about this. I've popped their answers below:

''My online monthly breakdown for 8th to 31st October does not show any credits.

I can now see the Ovo Interest Reward for 1st to 7th November but the amount does not appear to be right.''

>> So the interest reward is now paid when a Direct Debit payment is made and covers the period since it was last paid/calculated. So the first interest payment in the new system sometimes looks lower than someone expects but it is correct as it's for fewer days than they normally see it calculated for.

''Is the self service reward now being paid quarterly?''

>> Yes, so they'll see the first of these early next year.

''Hopefully my gas issue will be resolved soon but as a matter of interest if I rang you would it affect my self service reward?''

>> You can send us a PM here on the forum (including your account number, name and DoB. We'd be interested to look into what's happening. Sometimes there is a delay in some data being processed in the system and displayed.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your reply Emily.

Can you tell me how to send a PM?
Userlevel 2
Sure, @TeeJay!

Just click in the top right, on face or user name, and you'll see a green button saying 'send message' . Then we can reply to you there 😃
Userlevel 1
Sure, @TeeJay!

Just click in the top right, on face or user name, and you'll see a green button saying 'send message' . Then we can reply to you there :D

This is what I get if I click top right

The only PM is a welcome message and although I could reply to it with the info Emily wants (see above) how do I know the PM will get to her?
I'll send you a PM @TeeJay to get the ball rolling!
Don’t get a bill anymore why not
Userlevel 1
Don’t get a bill anymore why not

Because everything you need is on line and updated daily.

The new on line account started in October last year and at first I thought, like you, I would need a monthly bill or at least one every quarter but I haven''t missed it.

As a background to the new account have you read this? https://forum.ovoenergy.com/new-ovo-smart-meter-experience-116/billing-and-statements-what-do-i-need-to-know-5148
Please can you reinstate issuing monthly bills, it is not satisfactory for you only to supply usuage summary.
Userlevel 5
Please can you reinstate issuing monthly bills, it is not satisfactory for you only to supply usuage summary.

It sounds like you've been moved to our new online experience, take a read through this topic for more info on this and how it works.