I have asked to be taken off the new smart meter experience.

• 18 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Today I asked OVO to revert me back to the 'old' online portal and was told it will be done in a few days.

I am happy to return to the new portal once it is fully functioning, shows at least as much info as the old portal, and is as user friendly. I cannot help feeling that OVO should never have made the new portal live until this was the case anyway.

The most frustrating thing for me was the lack of feedback from OVO on what was being added to the new portal and when. If information and timescales were forthcoming I maybe could have lived with it. Customer service were as clueless as me. The agent I spoke to today said they have no information at all on the new portal, and he said he knew even less because "I missed the last meeting".

3 replies

Userlevel 2
I’m sorry to hear that you felt the new online system wasn’t user friendly or easy to manage @Sphinx.

If you have any other queries about this, or wish to revert back to the old online system, then we have a team dedicated to this new Smart Online account. If you speak to our Customer Care team on 0330 303 5063, they should be able to get the team to look into your account or contact you directly.

Hope this helps,
Beth
Isn't the 0330 303 5063 number the default customer services number? That is the number I have been phoning and been told by various customer service people that they know nothing about the new portal. When I have asked to speak to the relevant team I am told they are not contactable by phone, and to use the 'feedback' link. I have used this link countless times and never once had a response.

For me, it is the lack of feedback and timescales on when information will be added to the new site, at least to bring it in line with the old site, that I find unacceptable.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Sphinx - as there are a limited number of accounts on the new online experience, we currently have a small dedicated team looking after them and any queries customers have. They don't have a direct contact number, but if you call the Customer Services team they'll be able to transfer you, or contact them to get the information you need.

Cheers