Solved

Does anyone know how to stop smart meter marketing post?

• 24 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Does anyone know how to stop the Smart Meter reminders? I keep getting sent these leaflets through in the post that are an annoyance.

I am very economical with my energy and know exactly what to do to ensure as least as possible is wasted. Having a Smart Meter would just wind me up as it'd be sat there unnecessarily reminding me of how much I've used. I've worked hard over the past few weeks researching and carrying out the various changes suggested by reputable websites and sharing them with others in a non-preachy way. I have laid out improvements that we can all start doing to minimise our footprint whilst sat in front of the computer.

Now, after months of research and action I am confident I am getting the balance just right.

Neither sending these leaflets nor making it hard for customers to contact you are particularly good moves. As you've read this, there is still be time to make the change but if you ignore it, there won't be.

- Matthew J. Pallett
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 28 May 2019, 16:10

If the leaflets are coming from us, @mjpallett, we can stop them being sent to you. You'll just need to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account details. If you don't use social media, you can email our Customer Care team about this on hello@ovoenergy.com.

It's good to hear you're working hard to become more energy efficient and reducing your footprint, it's worth noting smart meters are designed to help with this as you'll have a better idea of what you're using. Although they're optional at the moment, it's likely you'll end up having one installed in the future. They're the new generation of metering, and eventually the traditional meters will no longer be installed.

We don't make it hard for customers to contact us, we offer various platforms where customers can contact us. Our customers are given a choice, they can manage their account themselves, or they don't. Customers who choose to mange their account themselves will be rewarded - our costs will be reduced so the saving is passed onto our customers.

Eva
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
If the leaflets are coming from us, @mjpallett, we can stop them being sent to you. You'll just need to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account details. If you don't use social media, you can email our Customer Care team about this on hello@ovoenergy.com.

It's good to hear you're working hard to become more energy efficient and reducing your footprint, it's worth noting smart meters are designed to help with this as you'll have a better idea of what you're using. Although they're optional at the moment, it's likely you'll end up having one installed in the future. They're the new generation of metering, and eventually the traditional meters will no longer be installed.

We don't make it hard for customers to contact us, we offer various platforms where customers can contact us. Our customers are given a choice, they can manage their account themselves, or they don't. Customers who choose to mange their account themselves will be rewarded - our costs will be reduced so the saving is passed onto our customers.

Eva