Solved

Can I go back to old dashboard, please?!

• 11 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi. Is there a way to go back to the old dashboard?

The old dashboard allowed me to view my energy usage by day, month and year and, iirc, compare periods of time. All the figures were there for me to see at a glance.

The new dashboard has practically none of this functionality (not that I can see anyway) - it does not give me an overview of how, for example, my energy usage this winter was compared to last winter. I can only click to the next/previous month (what if I want to jump to January 2017 or 2018, you expect me to click the previous arrow 24 times?), and have to hover over the bars to get any (limited) info.

All-in-all, little to zero useful info, and pretty bad UX. Not happy...
icon

Best answer by Paul_OVO 15 January 2019, 11:18

Hi @mattbailey

Thanks for posting on the forum and letting us know your thoughts. New functionality will be added to the usage page soon, and we’ll continue to develop new features over the coming months to make managing your online smart meter energy account easier.

We’re adding a view of usage data for months in the year. We’re also looking to add the ability to compare usage data between two periods, as you describe above. Thanks for your patience while we improve the new online account and if you have any other feedback please keep it coming.

Paul
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @mattbailey

Sorry to hear you are not enjoying the new simpler account experience. I'm sure @Paul_OVO would love to find out more about your particular experience and get some feedback from you.

Darran
Hi @mattbailey

Thanks for posting on the forum and letting us know your thoughts. New functionality will be added to the usage page soon, and we’ll continue to develop new features over the coming months to make managing your online smart meter energy account easier.

We’re adding a view of usage data for months in the year. We’re also looking to add the ability to compare usage data between two periods, as you describe above. Thanks for your patience while we improve the new online account and if you have any other feedback please keep it coming.

Paul
Thanks for replying.

I understand that you probably wanted to launch the new dashboard as a MVP, but in its current state it's not useful at all. The ability to toggle between the old and the new (alpha/beta?) dashboards would have been a much better approach.

I hope you're able to update it with the new features soon - however, as an online only service I find the current approach rather baffling, sorry...
Hi @Paul_OVO

Does this explain why I cannot see any Smart Meter information online via the web page or my iOS apps. It was installed last Wednesday 13 February 2019. However, I am somewhat concerned about Matt’s experience in that I too appreciate being able to compare usage year by year. My expectation is that the Smart Meter experience will give more information, not less.

I would also like to have the ability to:
(a) be able to download CSV files of my usage, for long term records and my own analysis.
(b) view the instantaneous data that comes from the Smart Meter, i.e. the same information that the IHD displays.

Regards,
Martin
Hi @mjknott2019,

When you have a smart meter fitted, it usually takes 6-8 weeks from the installation date to update your new meter details. Once your account has been updated, it should show on your online account. There’s further information here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/my-account-my-ovo-app-website-103/electricity-smart-meter-not-showing-on-my-ovo-why-5374

We’ve recently made improvements to the usage page on the new Smart Meter experience such as comparing usage to a previous month and year on year. Thanks for your suggestions about downloading files and showing instantaneous data, we’re continuing to collect feedback and research what features to build next on the new account so your ideas are useful. If you’ve any suggestions about your current account view you can also add them here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/my-account-my-ovo-app-website-103

Paul