Solved

Why is the screen blank on Ampy 5235A Single phase watt hour meter?

Userlevel 1
Just had the go ahead for the switch from Co-Op to OVO . Went to record readings from the above electric meter and the screen is blank .
I have phoned around supply companies without success to resolve problem .
At this point I can't give final reading to Co-Op or first reading to OVO . Has anybody got advice please .
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 12 February 2018, 15:52

If the reading isn’t appearing on the screen, there might be an issue with your meter that needs to be fixed. I’d suggest speaking to Co-Op as they’ll be able to advise further on this @Willo60.

Lucy

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
If the reading isn’t appearing on the screen, there might be an issue with your meter that needs to be fixed. I’d suggest speaking to Co-Op as they’ll be able to advise further on this @Willo60.

Lucy
Userlevel 1
Lucy thanks for advice . The only thing that might get a negative response from Co-op is I am moving my custom and they don't have an obligation to replace a broken meter .
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
If you’re still on supply with them and your meter is faulty, they’ll need to offer you advice on this @Willo60 - best of luck!

Lucy
Userlevel 1
Lucy ,
May not of explained properly. Got an email Feb 7th from Ovo to say they are now supplying my energy . That's when I went to check readings .

Thanks

Willo60
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks for clarifying, @Willo60.

We will need to replace your meter. If we didn't get a reading around your supply start date, we'll need to estimate. This estimate will automatically be created by a third party (in the absence of a reading from you) and issued to both suppliers to use.

For us to confirm that a new meter is to be fitted, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com

Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Willo60 wrote:

Lucy ,
May not of explained properly. Got an email Feb 7th from Ovo to say they are now supplying my energy . That's when I went to check readings .

Thanks

Willo60

Ah right! In that case, I’d advise you give our Customer Care team a call (their details can be found here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers) or drop ou team a message on Facebook or Twitter.

Lucy
Userlevel 1
Lucy and Tim ,

Thanks for your help . I've emailed and requested a replacement meter with details of our account number and the reason why we can't submit an electric reading . Awaiting details now of next step .

Regards

Willo60
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Let us know how you get on, @Willo60 :)

Emma

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close