Solved

Why haven't I received my Warm Home Discount? Deadline has passed.

I havent received a email yet
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 5 June 2017, 17:22

@Elizabeth - I can see that Emma has replied to your PM with more information. I hope we've been able to answer your query.

You're right, @Mattj3135 if you applied for the Warm Home Discount 2016/17, and your application was accepted, you should've received the payment by now. UPDATED 18/07/19 If anyone else applied in the Winter and is still waiting for the payment, please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, account number and DoB. if you don't use social media, email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

If you're thinking about applying for the Warm Home Discount 2019/20, but not sure if you're eligible, please click on the link below...

https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/am-i-eligible-for-the-warm-home-discount.html

This page will also give you the opportunity to pre-register your interest for the next Warm Home Discount. This means we'll email you when the time comes to apply.

Click here for more information on the application process: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-do-i-get-the-warm-home-discount.html

Thanks,
Emily
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Elizabeth welcome to the forum & thanks for posting.

Are you referring to the warm home discount payment & email for this year or for the registration of interest for 2017/2018 applications?

If it's in relation to the 2016/2017 warm home discount, if you applied for it or fall into the criteria for it, any payments should have been made by now. If this is the case, if you send @Emily_OVO a private message with your name, address, OVO account number & date of birth - Emily will be able to check things out for you.

Finally just to add there's a topic on the Warm home discount which you can find here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/all-about-energy-24/get-your-warm-home-discount-queries-answered-here-31/index2.html

Hope this helps

@Elizabeth - I can see that Emma has replied to your PM with more information. I hope we've been able to answer your query.

You're right, @Mattj3135 if you applied for the Warm Home Discount 2016/17, and your application was accepted, you should've received the payment by now. UPDATED 18/07/19 If anyone else applied in the Winter and is still waiting for the payment, please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, account number and DoB. if you don't use social media, email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

If you're thinking about applying for the Warm Home Discount 2019/20, but not sure if you're eligible, please click on the link below...

https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/am-i-eligible-for-the-warm-home-discount.html

This page will also give you the opportunity to pre-register your interest for the next Warm Home Discount. This means we'll email you when the time comes to apply.

Click here for more information on the application process: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/payments-and-statements/payments/how-do-i-get-the-warm-home-discount.html

Thanks,
Emily
I had an e mail saying i would receive my payment by the end of may and have not yet received it x
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I had an e mail saying i would receive my payment by the end of may and have not yet received it x

Hi @Nemowelcome to the forum and thanks for posting

Sorry to hear his please send @Emma_OVO a private message with your name, address, OVO account number & date of birth and Emma will be able to check this out for you!

Thanks for the mention, @Mattj3135

@Nemo Send me a PM with the information @Mattj3135 mentioned above and I'll chase this up for you.

Thanks,
Emma
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just a quick note @Nemo - I've moved this query to another topic on the same subject. That way it's all in the same place for user users to find and get help from.

Tim
Where is it ???
Where is it ???

Hi @Baffo,

As there's already an active topic on this, I've moved your post here so that it's easier for other users to find.

If you received notification from us that your application for the Warm Home Discount was successful, but it hasn't been payed, please private message me so I can look into this.

I'll just need your full name, account number and date of birth.

Many thanks,
Max
Userlevel 1
I applied for the Warm Discount Voucher & was happy to receive an email stating that I had passed the process & would receive the voucher between January and May 2017...
I have waited & waited but no voucher materialised. I've tried contacting ovo but got no response back..
It's now June & i fear I won't ever receive the money..
I've never had this problem before, when I was with npower... I'm disabled & in receipt of benefits, so I was relying on the payment to help me with my energy costs..
I'm soo disillusioned with OVO that I'm seriously considering leaving ovo & switching to another supplier...
Has anyone else never received their payment too??? :@:@
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @MichelleMc thank you for taking the time to post here on the forum.

I'm so sorry to learn of the issues you've been having with your warm home discount (WHD), this is certainly not the experience OVO want customers to receive - you've come to the right place though, either I or one of the lovely moderators will be able to help you out. I personally know how frustrating this can be when you expect to receive the WHD for it not to materialise. You are right in saying it should have been credited by now.

Firstly there are a couple of useful topics covering this which you can check out here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/all-about-energy-24/get-your-warm-home-discount-queries-answered-here-31/index2.html and here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/anything-but-energy-25/when-do-i-get-the-warm-home-discount-payment-211/index2.html

Secondly, you mention you've had an email stating you would receive the WHD - whilst OVO will have a record of the emails sent to you, did you get a follow up letter or email asking for additional evidence? - I ask as I had the generic email telling me I'd qualified but then I and several other customers received a letter requesting additional evidence to support the application. There has also been a small number of customers who've unfortunately not recieved the WHD despite being told they would due to exceptional demand. If this isn't the case - please let me know and I'll be able to advise the next steps to take to help you move this forward. Do you still have a copy of the email confirming this - it would be helpful for you to have a screenshot if possible for the next step.

Hope the above helps. Look forward to hearing from you soon
Userlevel 1
Hi,
Thanks for your help..
I didn't receive any further notification from ovo asking for further notifications (except for the email stating that I qualified & would be receiving the payment).
I still have the email from ovo stating that I have been accepted for the payment..
So what /who do I contact now?
I appreciate your help
Michelle
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @MichelleMc thanks for your quick response.

The next steps in this situation is to reach out the OVO customer care team to establish what's what. If you prefer you can private message (click the name then click private message) one of the moderators - @Emma_OVO @Emily_OVO @Tim_OVO @Max_OVO @Lucy_OVO with your date of birth, name, address & OVO account number they can check this out for you. (The mods aren't online all the time so there may be a slight delay in replying if you choose this option)

Whilst I obviously can't guarantee you'll get the WHD - I'm sure if it's an error on OVO's part they will do all they can to put this right for you.

Please do let us know how you get on.
Userlevel 1
Many thanks for your help..
I will keep you updated
Thanks for posting, @MichelleMc

I've merged your query into this topic as it's good to keep all Warm Home Discount payment queries together.

I've just replied to your PM with some more information so go check it out!

As always, thanks to @Mattj3135 for stepping in :)

Thanks,
Emma
Userlevel 1
Hi,
I would just like to say a huge thank you to you & ovo, for my new electric key loaded with the £140 warm discount payment, I received this morning as you promised..
I am very grateful for all your help
Regards
Michelle McQuaid
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @MichelleMc thanks for posting to let us know all is well now.

Thanks too to @Emma_OVO for resolving this so quickly for Michelle!
Userlevel 1
I received my new key loaded with £140 this morning, as promised by Emma.
I can't thank you enough for all your help
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
It was my pleasure and I'm sure @Emma_OVO will echo this.

Have a lovely day!
That got there quick, @MichelleMc

I'm glad it's all sorted 😳
Userlevel 1
Yes I was surprised too, but very happy (obviously)..
I can't thank you enough for all your help
Regards
Michelle
Hi im having this problem too, i received the letter sayin it could take up to five times to register when i top up my key, but still not been added yet
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi im having this problem too, i received the letter sayin it could take up to five times to register when i top up my key, but still not been added yet

Hi Steve
Sorry to hear this, The best bet is to reach out the OVO customer care team to establish what's what. If you prefer you can private message one of the moderators - @Emma_OVO @Emily_OVO @Tim_OVO @Max_OVO @Lucy_OVO with your date of birth, name, address & OVO account number they can check this out for you.
Userlevel 1
Hi Steve,
I agree with Matt, contact Emma at ovo, she's extremely helpful & sorted this out for me (I had a new key with the money loaded the next day)..
Thanks for the quick helpful responses, ive sent them a message 🙂
Thanks for the quick helpful responses, ive sent them a message :)

Hey @steve rook

I've just replied to your PM with some more info! 🙂

Thanks,
Emma