Solved

When will my Warm Home Discount be paid?

• 28 November 2018
  • 11 replies

I had a email to say I could get warm home discount this year but since heard nothing and trying to contact anyone is crazy. I’m on jsa and struggle to afford fuel and I’ve ongoing illnesses ( I was on esa and disability until thrown off all!!) My mum is pensioner but received hers so had questioned me about mine when she visited my cold house. I can afford about a hour of heating a day and I have a flat roof on my house which doesn’t help. It’s not apparently cold yet but I’ve been very cold and am worrying how I will fair when it’s colder?? Trying to find info on when I will get fuel payment assistance has a nightmare:/
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 29 November 2018, 12:59

Hi@Arriella,

It should be added within 6 weeks of receiving your confirmation email. We're working really hard at the moment to make sure our customers get their payments within this time frame.

Please be aware the Ofgem deadline for making payments is the end of March 2020 *edited 19/11/2019*, but we're aiming to make them sooner than this.

If you need any help covering your energy costs, it might be worth having a look at this section of the forum.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi@Arriella,

It should be added within 6 weeks of receiving your confirmation email. We're working really hard at the moment to make sure our customers get their payments within this time frame.

Please be aware the Ofgem deadline for making payments is the end of March 2020 *edited 19/11/2019*, but we're aiming to make them sooner than this.

If you need any help covering your energy costs, it might be worth having a look at this section of the forum.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

I applied for the warm home discount over 6 weeks ago. Received an email 2 days later, saying I had been successful and I would receive the money within 6 weeks. It’s been over 6 weeks now, and I haven’t heard anything. Any idea who I can contact?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Omi - I've moved your post over here. If it has been over 6 weeks now, it might be worth chasing this up by getting in touch with the team. As mentioned above, the Ofgem deadline for making payments is March 2019.
OVO were due to take over my supply on 11th December, my Warm Home Discount was applied... however I've just come to switch again and it shows my supplier as my previous one (First Utility), I have no options etc. on my online account and never had an OVO bill. So am I with OVO or not? Because at the minute it looks like my warm home discount has been taken (I have had OVO confirmation) and my supply not switched.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
So am I with OVO or not? Because at the minute it looks like my warm home discount has been taken (I have had OVO confirmation) and my supply not switched.

Not sure of the situation exactly @adamozzy - if you're part of the 'Core group' who automatically qualify, you'll get the payment by whoever supplied you back in July 2018 I think it is.

If you applied, that supplier you applied with will need to be the one to pay it, as long as you're on supply with them still. So if you switched to OVO and applied with OVO, we'll pay it. To check if OVO did manage to take over your supplies, drop us an email: hello@ovoenergy.com.
I applied for warm home discount around October 2018. I have sent in supporting documents and have been told I qualify but as yet nothing has gone into my account. I believe the end date is the end of March. So my question is.
....Will I still get the discount for 2018/2019 after march since my application in plenty of time?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Belladonnauk - I've moved your post onto this topic about WHD payments. More info above 👆🏼
Having been a economy energy customer excepted for warm home discount, i,m told i will get this payment through OVO its the middle of april ?? anyone else have same problem from OVO ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @EASY4U2SAY - I've moved your post over here where you can find more information about WHD payments.

When will my ovo account be credited with warm home discount? 

Userlevel 5

Take a look at the best answer for help with this, @bigdave!