Solved

When do I get the Warm Home Discount payment?

Hi I applied for the warm scheme and got accepted they sent me a mail but I have not got any payment on my meter I have called ovo twice regarding this matter and was told someone would call let me know when it was goin too b paid but heard nothing pls can someone check this ?? Thx
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 26 April 2017, 15:45

Thy told me by the end of may but nothing iv foned numerous times but thy just say someone will call you .

There’s a great discussion going on here about this, Susie but I just wanted to confirm that if you’re part of the Broader Group, you’ll receive your payment by 31st May 2017.

If you’re part of the Core group (you’ll be part of this group if you were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit on the qualifying date of 10th July 2016), you should have received this payment by 31st March 2017.

Lucy

Payment for 2019/2020 will be made by March 31st 2020. 

Updated 25/02/2020

View original

37 replies

Hi I applied for the warm scheme and got accepted they sent me a mail but I have not got any payment on my meter I have called ovo twice regarding this matter and was told someone would call let me know when it was goin too b paid but heard nothing pls can someone check this ?? Thx
Same here I got told it would be anytime upto01/05
Thy told me by the end of may but nothing iv foned numerous times but thy just say someone will call you .
I'll try tomorrow see what answers I get
I'll try tomorrow see what answers I get
I got the same answer end of may payments are being released daily
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
The OVO line on WHD is "we will make all payments by May 31st 2017, the deadline set by OFGEM" - I know several customers still waiting for their WHD payment.

All I know is that the payments are made in batches and yours should be with you pretty soon! If it's not on you account by mid May I'd recommend ringing up and questioning what's going on
When do you receive a fuel discount if you applied last year, I still haven't heard anything.
I'd like to ask the same question too. Im still waiting. I emailed OVO about this but as yet havent had a reply. 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
When do you receive a fuel discount if you applied last year, I still haven't heard anything.

I'd like to ask the same question too. Im still waiting. I emailed OVO about this but as yet havent had a reply. :(

Hi both - if you applied for the Warm Home Discount and where successful (WHD) OVO is releasing payments on a near daily basis and have until May 31st to credit accounts/meter with the money. Chasing up doesn't seem to have any impact.

If neither of you have received your WHD by June 1st I advise you do call OVO and escalate this.

Please let us know when it's sorted
Thanks Matt, i didnt realise they had until the end of May to pay out. In that case ill put my patient head on and keep you updated. Thanks again.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Thanks Matt, i didnt realise they had until the end of May to pay out. In that case ill put my patient head on and keep you updated. Thanks again.

No worries - OFGEM set the deadline and OVO are complying with it.

Fingers crossed it comes through soon - looking forward to your next post telling us you've got it 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

There’s a great discussion going on here about this, Susie but I just wanted to confirm that if you’re part of the Broader Group, you’ll receive your payment by 31st May 2017.

If you’re part of the Core group (you’ll be part of this group if you were getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit on the qualifying date of 10th July 2016), you should have received this payment by 31st March 2017.

Lucy

Payment for 2019/2020 will be made by March 31st 2020. 

Updated 25/02/2020

Badge
Hi, I am also waiting for the money from Warm Home Scheme. My letter said it will be with me when I will top up 2/3 times, but being a weekly " top - upper " I've done already many top ups and haven't received it yet. So as I can see, we have to wait until the end of the month. Is it going to be applied to gas card or electricity key ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi, I am also waiting for the money from Warm Home Scheme. My letter said it will be with me when I will top up 2/3 times, but being a weekly " top - upper " I've done already many top ups and haven't received it yet. So as I can see, we have to wait until the end of the month. Is it going to be applied to gas card or electricity key ?

Hi Neila

Welcome to the forum - I'm sorry to learn you're still waiting on the WHD payment to reach you.

I can confirm that the WHD is applied to the electric account. I can advise also that if you are part of the core group - payments should be received by now.

If all else fails do give OVO a shout and see if they can be any more specific with it.
I'm still waiting ...has anyone actually received this ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Angishere sorry to hear you're still waiting - several people have posted they've received theirs in the last few days so it should be any day now.

If you're received notification that you'll receive the WHD after a few top ups and it's still not on the meters get in touch with OVO to see what's what.

Fingers crossed it arrives very shortly for you
Badge
I am also still waiting. Done my top up yesterday and asked the man who was in charge and there was nothing. Hopefully OVO will keep up to the date (31.05)
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I am also still waiting. Done my top up yesterday and asked the man who was in charge and there was nothing. Hopefully OVO will keep up to the date (31.05)

Hi @Nelia thanks for posting - it should be with you any day now. On the off chance it's not on your meter by the 31st May I'd advise you reach out to the ovo customer care team to see what's going on.

Hopefully it arrives with you shortly
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Angishere and @Nelia

If you've been advised about getting this Warm Home Discount after topping up, this means the payment is ready to go. You'll need to top up with your key at the same PayPoint, no more then once a day, and the payment should transfer within 5 top ups. If it doesn't give us a shout. I'll be able to check the status of this payment and advise you further.

Hope this helps,
Tim
I got mine today
Badge
I have had a letter stating it should be 2-3 top ups maximum. I have already done more than 10. Last one 5 days ago.
I always use the same PayPoint, because one shop just has been closed 3 months ago, and my nearest PayPoint shop would not accept my electricity key ( the shop owner says it's the machine problem and only problem with OVO keys). To be honest I live in a town with plenty of shops around, and the nearest point where I can top up is within 20 minutes walk. Not the best.

Thanks for reply, Tim. I will let you know tomorrow as I will be going to top up.
My electric actually went and when I put it back on it kicked in ..I don't know if that was just coincidence
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I have had a letter stating it should be 2-3 top ups maximum. I have already done more than 10. Last one 5 days ago.
I always use the same PayPoint, because one shop just has been closed 3 months ago, and my nearest PayPoint shop would not accept my electricity key ( the shop owner says it's the machine problem and only problem with OVO keys). To be honest I live in a town with plenty of shops around, and the nearest point where I can top up is within 20 minutes walk. Not the best.

Thanks for reply, Tim. I will let you know tomorrow as I will be going to top up.

@Nelia How did you get on with this?
Badge
I have done my top up yesterday and still nothing.
I will try to ring OVO today after work.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@Nelia If you still need our help, feel free to send either myself or @Tim_OVO a private message with your name, DoB and OVO account number.

Lucy