Warm Home Discount 2019-2020 - now taking applications!

• 3 October 2019
  • 70 replies
Warm Home Discount 2019-2020 - now taking applications!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I’m sure everyone is getting geared up to apply for the Warm Home Discount this year!

It’s not quite open yet, but the good news is you can request an email notification as soon as it does via this page.

Once you've received the email, you'll need to complete the full application form online.

If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, feel free to voice them below and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Nancy

70 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dannytheman @Kiki @lormc @steven_theresa_s @Just bri @jacja @SarahKP @DE10 

Thanks all for flagging this, we’ve reported to the tesm responsible for this page on the website.  Will update when we have more information.  

Apologies for the inconvenience!  Will get this resolved asap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @coldaschristmas @Jenwes @5ecret @Pierssy @Him_Over_There @Kady 

We deployed a fix around 6.30pm last night and as you can see from the thread some of you have been able to complete it without issue which is good news.  For those of you still to complete it, please clear your cache (especially if you had beeing trying multiple times through the day) and try again.  

Here’s the link in case you need it:  https://www.ovoenergy.com/warm-home-discount

Darran 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I applied and recieved a confirmation email on Wednesday 16th October 2019 at 2:37pm.

The email says that OVO will get back to me within five working days but I’ve not heard anything from OVO.

What’s going on OVO? Has anyone else had this problem?

I got the discount last year.

I received a confirmation email for my application almost immediately and was notified my application was successful within a few days. I am expecting the credit to my account within 6 weeks.

Userlevel 1

The site is probably not set up to take applications yet.  Darran (OVO mod) reckions there definitely is not a problem.  Strange then why so many (100%) of posters on here are having the same problem? Come on Darran - where have you gone?

Kind regards

I don’t think repeatly calling on Darran, or any of the Community Mods, is going to resolves things any faster. They are very good at helping with issues that arise and most likely attempting to find out what is happening, or he could be offline doing something else, it has only been two hours after all. There isn’t much point in reporting back to us before they have any news anyway. I’m sure it won’t take too long for the problem to be resolved.

The site is probably not set up to take applications yet.  Darran (OVO mod) reckions there definitely is not a problem.  Strange then why so many (100%) of posters on here are having the same problem? Come on Darran - where have you gone?

Kind regards

I don’t think repeatly calling on Darran, or any of the Community Mods, is going to resolves things any faster. They are very good at helping with issues that arise and most likely attempting to find out what is happening, or he could be offline doing something else, it has only been two hours after all. There isn’t much point in reporting back to us before they have any news anyway. I’m sure it won’t take too long for the problem to be resolved.

Hi

If you check back a bit on this afternoon’s comments about all of this you will notice I was the first person to raise this problem with Darran. 

I asked him then if there was a known problem on the system - he did not really answer this question.  But he assured me they (OVO) had attempted to register several times and so there wasn’t a problem at their end.  A few hours later - it is obvious Darran is wrong - there is a problem. Yes, I don’t mind being patient.  But I resent being told nonsense and wasting valuable time being led to believe the problem was with my IT equipment. Are you happy now?

Kind regards

Guys, it's working now, I've just completed the form

Yep working fine now t

Userlevel 1

shut my pc down rebooted and ha ho got the forms filled in hope you all get your forms completed to:hugging:

Userlevel 1

The link is still not working properly. Cannot click on next. 

No luck for me either!

Please could someone who has been successful elaborate (which browser, whether logged in to OVO etc)

I used Chrome, wasn’t logged in. If you are still having problems I would try clearing your cache and cookies for the last 24 hours at least, or make it longer if you don’t get to this message until after 5.30pm (or whatever time you got your email yesterday) to be on the safe side. Anything in your cache could be causing the problem to return.

If there is still no joy, or you don’t/can’t do the above, perhaps try using a new browser on a piece of hardware you haven’t tried using yet...opera on an ipod, for example...or maybe a partner’s phone, etc. Good luck :) 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kiki - greatly appreciated! :-)

Despite clearing cache/cookies and using various browsers/platforms/devices I was still unable to get past “Next” even this morning, however a member of OVO staff kindly completed the application with me over the phone so at least it’s done!

Good luck to all & if you really can’t get it to work like me then do let OVO know as they seem very helpful!

Userlevel 3
Badge
@Nancy_OVO I've just been advised that applications open on the 15th October 2019.

Is this correct?

The ‘Next’ button is not working for me either. Have tried from different devices, different browsers, cleared cahce, cookies, etc. Still nothing.

I have now tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox on PC, tablet and phone...no joy (and yes, I cleared the cache)!

I also followed the link from the email from Ovo but just keep getting resolving host!

Thank you Darran.

Thank you thought i was going mad lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nope definitely not @lormc!!  Thanks all for raising!  We will get this sorted!!!!

How many people have had an e-mail regarding the the warm home discount I

Oh and just wait for the crash-bang-wallop when the system gets up and running tomorrow only to probably go down again because of people (first come first served remember) all panicking to apply at the same time! Are you happy now?

Kind regards

Guys, it's working now, I've just completed the form

Lucky you! Still no go here.

Userlevel 1

@dannytheman @Kiki @lormc @steven_theresa_s @Just bri @jacja @SarahKP @DE10 

Thanks all for flagging this, we’ve reported to the tesm responsible for this page on the website.  Will update when we have more information.  

Apologies for the inconvenience!  Will get this resolved asap. 

It has all gone through fine for me now. One final clearing of just cookies after @steven_theresa_s last comment worked like a charm fortunately for me. Thank you for your help Darran.

I hope that everything resolves itself soon for anyone else still stuck! Got my fingers crossed for you :) 

The link is still not working properly. Cannot click on next. 

Userlevel 1

I kept having the same problem shut down your appliance and then reboot and start the form again it worked for me hope it works for u:fingers_crossed:

Finally managed to log it. Hurarrr  Have a good day everyone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi all, we are not seeing any other reports of this still being an issue and are receiving applications via the website link, so it’s definitely working.  

Hopefully you’ve all managed to register your applications now.  Please let us know you are still having issues. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Amaryllis I had the same problem messaged them on face book and was told they had sent me a email 3days after I applied which I did not receive which seems strange ? hoping now this wont affect my discount for all on line account