Warm Home Discount 2019-2020 - now taking applications!

• 3 October 2019
  • 70 replies
Warm Home Discount 2019-2020 - now taking applications!

Show first post

70 replies

Exactly the same problem here - “resolving host” on pressing the “next” button.

Tried on my laptop and mobile - both virus free and cache etc. cleared. The problem has got to be the OVO website.

Darran where have you gone?

I have now tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox on PC, tablet and phone...no joy (and yes, I cleared the cache)!

I also followed the link from the email from Ovo but just keep getting resolving host!

Hey@coldaschristmas we’ve checked our side and it’s definitely working.  If you have tried a few times earlier today, the best thing to do would be to clear your cache and then try and again.  It should work then. 

nope tried every pc in the house and all phones will not work 

THere is definately an issue...I have now even tried on a different network using a friends phone...nothing!

The site is probably not set up to take applications yet.  Darran (OVO mod) reckions there definitely is not a problem.  Strange then why so many (100%) of posters on here are having the same problem? Come on Darran - where have you gone?

Kind regards

Same here also.Tried different browsers and phone / ipad ...no joy!

When you click on next all it does is say resolving host???

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dannytheman @Kiki @lormc @steven_theresa_s @Just bri @jacja @SarahKP @DE10 

Thanks all for flagging this, we’ve reported to the tesm responsible for this page on the website.  Will update when we have more information.  

Apologies for the inconvenience!  Will get this resolved asap. 

Thank you Darran.

Thank you thought i was going mad lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nope definitely not @lormc!!  Thanks all for raising!  We will get this sorted!!!!

Userlevel 1

The site is probably not set up to take applications yet.  Darran (OVO mod) reckions there definitely is not a problem.  Strange then why so many (100%) of posters on here are having the same problem? Come on Darran - where have you gone?

Kind regards

I don’t think repeatly calling on Darran, or any of the Community Mods, is going to resolves things any faster. They are very good at helping with issues that arise and most likely attempting to find out what is happening, or he could be offline doing something else, it has only been two hours after all. There isn’t much point in reporting back to us before they have any news anyway. I’m sure it won’t take too long for the problem to be resolved.

How many people have had an e-mail regarding the the warm home discount I

Badge

I have one and the website isn’t working my invite came at about 15.30 today

Ok thanks eon opened their window in July ovo 3 months later and seems we still can't apply due to technical problems with only 57 days left on my 2 year fixed deal it's time to look elsewhere. 

Kind regards

I don’t think repeatly calling on Darran, or any of the Community Mods, is going to resolves things any faster. They are very good at helping with issues that arise and most likely attempting to find out what is happening, or he could be offline doing something else, it has only been two hours after all. There isn’t much point in reporting back to us before they have any news anyway. I’m sure it won’t take too long for the problem to be resolved.

Hi

If you check back a bit on this afternoon’s comments about all of this you will notice I was the first person to raise this problem with Darran. 

I asked him then if there was a known problem on the system - he did not really answer this question.  But he assured me they (OVO) had attempted to register several times and so there wasn’t a problem at their end.  A few hours later - it is obvious Darran is wrong - there is a problem. Yes, I don’t mind being patient.  But I resent being told nonsense and wasting valuable time being led to believe the problem was with my IT equipment. Are you happy now?

Kind regards

Oh and just wait for the crash-bang-wallop when the system gets up and running tomorrow only to probably go down again because of people (first come first served remember) all panicking to apply at the same time! Are you happy now?

Kind regards

Guys, it's working now, I've just completed the form

I have one and the website isn’t working my invite came at about 15.30 today

Same here and the ***** website won’t go past the first page. Tried two devices and three browsers, same on all .

OVO come up short on this issue.

Badge

Just cleared my cache and tried again, still no luck

Lucky you! Still no go here.

Badge

I’m sure everyone is getting geared up to apply for the Warm Home Discount this year!

It’s not quite open yet, but the good news is you can request an email notification as soon as it does via this page.

Once you've received the email, you'll need to complete the full application form online.

If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, feel free to voice them below and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi It seems many of us are having issues with the web page for accessing this discount, I am starting to stress now with out this help in the winter my situation is difficult to say the least. I have tried diffferent browsers and cleared my cache, and still not getting beyond the name and address page.

Userlevel 1

@dannytheman @Kiki @lormc @steven_theresa_s @Just bri @jacja @SarahKP @DE10 

Thanks all for flagging this, we’ve reported to the tesm responsible for this page on the website.  Will update when we have more information.  

Apologies for the inconvenience!  Will get this resolved asap. 

It has all gone through fine for me now. One final clearing of just cookies after @steven_theresa_s last comment worked like a charm fortunately for me. Thank you for your help Darran.

I hope that everything resolves itself soon for anyone else still stuck! Got my fingers crossed for you :) 

Yep working fine now t

Userlevel 1

shut my pc down rebooted and ha ho got the forms filled in hope you all get your forms completed to:hugging:

Badge

I’m sure everyone is getting geared up to apply for the Warm Home Discount this year!

It’s not quite open yet, but the good news is you can request an email notification as soon as it does via this page.

Once you've received the email, you'll need to complete the full application form online.

If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, feel free to voice them below and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi I just got it to work but I think I messed up my application annsweing no to two of the questions where they should have been yes one was the

Enhanced disability premium question I should have answered yes as it is a component of the Support Group ESA and the other was the question on free prescriptions because of long-term illness. Is there a way I can put this right?

I just made a second application which went through, I hope it doesn’t mess thing up further.