OVO and GDPR

• 12 February 2020
  • 2 replies

I have requested to know who the Data Protection Officer (DPO) is at OVO and apparently they do not have one.  I find that surprising given the high volume of personal identifiable information you hold about your customers.  Who do I direct a ‘Subject Access Request’ to.  Also, I understand you share data with Experian.  That would require me to give you explicit consent and I don’t recall giving you that.  Another reason why I need to contact your DPO. 

Wait you reply.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Isn’t it the processing of that personal information that leads to the requirement of a DPO?  Such as tailoring marketing to me as an individual based upon data they hold rather than everyone in general. 

I expect OVO have one or more Data Controllers.

I need to add the IANAL disclaimer :( My comment is mostly born of curiosity.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @FAB1954,

We do have an DPO at OVO, obviously I’m not at liberty to share their personal details on the forum. 

If you want to raise a Subject Access Request or Right Of Access, a member of the customer services team can do this for you if you get in touch. You can call on 0330 303 5063 between 8am and 6pm on a weekday.

In terms of sharing information with Experian, this is part of the credit checking process when you sign up to us. There’s a tick box on the signup form which you must select to consent to a credit check as part of the switching process.

Hope this helps!