My cards wont work

• 26 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Iv been to 3 shops and everytime my cars are getting rejected and iv ran out of gas and electrick rang ovo there shut so what did I do

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I believe that many of the has cards are kind of generic and the majority will work in meters. In relation to British Gas cards. I'm sure it was mentioned that British Has no longer have a contract with PayPoint and as such their gas may be useless. 

I would have thought that if any shops in your area had an OVO gas card arrangements could be made to pick-up, and use, this card. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@DJRobOwen if you contact customer service they should have an ideas of which shops in the your local area recieve their cards

Apart from asking all the shops in the area, do you know how to find if they have such arrangements?

So apparently i signed up to OVO at the beginning of 2016, I believe this was to get a new smart meter for both gas and electric, but the electric part fell through as I still owed the current company money.  Forgot all about it, and continued to use my ‘Scottish gas, gas card’ and my Scottish power purple top ups.

Forward to beggining of 2020, and I lose my Scottish gas card.  Got a British gas card from shop, put it in my meter for 30 minutes, tried to buy credit but the top up machine in shop kept saying it was invalid.  Only when I did a search on “Find my supplier” did OVO come up. (My last e-mail from them was august 2016, so hardly surprising I forgot!)

So, my gas is off, I can’t top up, apart from asking ovo for a top up card and waiting up to 3 days (It is winter so please be nice) is there anything I can do?

While I’m at it, any reason why my Scottish gas card worked all this time when I’m not even with them?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@DJRobOwen you’ll need to call the Boost team to get this resoved. Our Customer Care number is: 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm. The team take emergency off supply calls between 6pm-8pm on weekdays. 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Seanchar1994 if you have cards, it sounds like you are a Boost customer. Head over to the Boost forum to get help and advice to get this resolved.

https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/traditional-payg-4/my-key-card-is-not-working-can-you-help-16