Solved

I'm a Boost customer but I've called the OVO number, how long is the average wait for a call back?

• 3 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Three times now I’ve phoned OVO on their 03303035063 number. I’m now waiting in line. The previous calls I asked to be called back when my call gets to the front of the queue. It’s been nearly two hours. And I’m still waiting. I’m nearly out of electric nd can’t top up my electric key. 

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 4 February 2020, 14:49

Hi @Jamis,

It sounds like you’re a Boost customer, their wait times can fluctuate every day. Apart from Monday's wait times rarely exceed 5 minutes. The wait time for a call back should be roughly the same as this as a call back holds your place in the queue. 

Our wait times on a Monday can sometimes be a bit higher, as this is usually our busiest day of the week. I’m sorry if you didn’t get a call back in the end.

You’ll need to ensure you’re calling the Boost team directly on 0330 102 7517 Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-5pm. If you call the OVO team (0330 303 5063), you’ll be on the phone longer while they redirect your call.

You can also contact the Boost team via email hello@boostpower.co.uk, Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jamis,

It sounds like you’re a Boost customer, their wait times can fluctuate every day. Apart from Monday's wait times rarely exceed 5 minutes. The wait time for a call back should be roughly the same as this as a call back holds your place in the queue. 

Our wait times on a Monday can sometimes be a bit higher, as this is usually our busiest day of the week. I’m sorry if you didn’t get a call back in the end.

You’ll need to ensure you’re calling the Boost team directly on 0330 102 7517 Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-5pm. If you call the OVO team (0330 303 5063), you’ll be on the phone longer while they redirect your call.

You can also contact the Boost team via email hello@boostpower.co.uk, Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks

Hi Nancy. I have the record in my phone.  I made four calls yesterday (3/2/20):

The first at 1203 lasted 9 mins 20 secs. I accidentally ended that call on my touch screen.
The second at 1225 lasted 5mins 9 secs. I pressed “2” for a call back in a different number. Then got sidetracked into doing something else.

The third call lasted 50 seconds. I had to call someone else saying I’d be out of contact for a while because of the expected wait. 
The final call at 1240 in which I asked for a call back lasted 48 mins 23 secs. The issue took less than five minutes to solve. 

Could you please tell me how you got your “We answer in under a minute” line? Why do I have to now email you with this issue? It’s the usual big business way of boring people into doing nothing. 
I will be looking forward to your detailed reply. Where would I go to have a look at these records that you have available? 
im going to try right now. 1429. Let’s see if someone answers in under a minute. I’ll happily eat my words if so!

JB.

So far the automated voice has taken up 1 min16 and I have music! Along with “We are currently experiencing a higher number of calls...”. And it’s not even Monday! Another NEW since yesterday automated telling me the wait time is approximately 6 minutes! Which, if I’m correct, is MORE than “Under a minute”! 
And 7 minutes has just been and gone! So even the automated system has been programmed to be not totally honest. 8 minutes and I get an answer. Which is poor but acceptable I guess. IF THAT INFORMATION WAS AVAILABLE. 
With the automated voice I it’s actually impossible to get a reply in under 1 minute. I estimate that the shortest time in which to get to speak to someone at OVO would be, at best, 1 min 30. 
Just saying. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jamis,

I’d say that 1 minute 30 seconds for a call to be answered, is pretty good going by any standard, the time @Nancy_OVO mentioned was from when the phone starts ringing not including the automated message. 

Call wait times vary based on how busy we are, we endeavor to answer the calls as quickly as possible. 

Thanks! 

Any...that 1 min 30 was the very best case scenario. With the automated voice telling us the same crap about...”recording  this conversation for training and...”. Over 48 minutes on Tuesday. Is that good by any standard? Because that’s the time it took for my call to get answered. And not a single apology anywhere. Just a non fact about 1 min 30 being a good time...when that time was only ever hypothetical. Is that where OVO need to go to get acceptable times? 48 minutes. On a Tuesday. I’m not sure what else I’m expected to think? Are these times acceptable to OVO? 

Amy...that you endeavour to answer calls as quickly as possible isn’t the issue. I’m sure you are all worked too hard and for too long...like most people these days. And I hope to never be accusatory toward anyone who puts in a decent days work. That’s totally not the problem. The problem goes far behind OVO too. Big business doing what it does best. 
Im sure you’d be a little angry at being told your call is important to someone but being kept waiting for over 48 minutes. It’s not like we don’t have people unemployed. But at least Brexit will make it much worse! We are going backwards. In morality, civility and humanity. In pretty much everything. From global warming to tax evading big business to criminal royals and sportspeople being paid ugly amounts of money to PLAY for their living. And I’m having a pop at OVO.  
Maybe this reply is being recorded for training purposes here!

Userlevel 5

The recorded information at the start of the call has to be said for compliance reasons, @Jamis , I appreciate it can be annoying but it’s something we have to do. If you called on a Monday (which is when you started this topic) the Boost line will be busier due to customers being disconnected, we don’t think the wait time is acceptable but the team work really hard to get through the calls as quickly as possible. The wait time on Tuesday should’ve been a lot less than they were on Monday. Nancy has apologised in her best answer, the agent on the phone may have thanked you for waiting instead of apologising.