Solved

Fire brigade turned off gas supply - who do I need to contact to turn it back on?

• 11 April 2019
  • 3 replies

There was a fire in the flat below mine, so the fire brigade turned off all of the gas supplies. It's been off for a couple of weeks now, as I wasn't able to live in my flat due to some water pipes being damaged.

My gas supply runs up the external wall and through my ceiling, so I'm confident that it wasn't affected at all. Can I turn the supply back on myself? If not, who do I need to contact to turn it back on?

Can't find any answers online, only about new connections etc.

Many thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 25 April 2019, 16:49

I'm sorry we missed this one, @Panril, I hope you managed to get this sorted.

Usually whoever turns off the gas supply is responsible to turn it back on, we wouldn't send out an engineer to do this.

In this case you may need a gas safe engineer to come out and carry our an assessment, if all is well they'll reconnect the supply.

How did you resolve this in the end? 🙂
View original

3 replies

Thanks Eva,

I got a gas safe engineer to come and check things over and turn the supply back on.

Cheers,
P
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Panril

If you call the number on this page. It should help you.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/emergency

Please let us know how you get on
Userlevel 5
I'm sorry we missed this one, @Panril, I hope you managed to get this sorted.

Usually whoever turns off the gas supply is responsible to turn it back on, we wouldn't send out an engineer to do this.

In this case you may need a gas safe engineer to come out and carry our an assessment, if all is well they'll reconnect the supply.

How did you resolve this in the end? 🙂