Solved

Are OVO Energy honouring the Warm Home Discount to Spark Energy customers?

• 29 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Following the acquisition of Spark Energy and their customers, where does this leave Spark Energys fuel poor customers who may have already applied for the Warm Home Discount with Spark this year, but not yet received the rebate.

Are OVO Energy honouring the Warm Home Discount to Spark Energy customers?
icon

Best answer by Transparent 29 November 2018, 21:46

Sorry... the new Forum software isn't allowing me to correct the errors I made in tags. Aaagh! That should have read:-

The formal company announcements from OVO, Spark and Ofgem all suggest that your contract currently remains a Spark one. See Ofgem Notice here. OVO have taken over the company Spark Energy and three other related companies.

There are a number of regulatory steps which have to occur in sequence, starting with outstanding Charges against the Company being "satisfied", followed by the appointment of a Board of Directors and/or an administrator. If you know your way around the Companies House website, you can follow this process as it happens.

In order that there is no disruption to Spark's customers, Ofgem has agreed that the company may trade, but under OVO's trading licence.

So your Warm Home Discount should still be applied by Spark.

If you feel unhappy with this, then there is an agreement that no exit fees will be applied should you choose to terminate your contract with Spark and move elsewhere.

Of course, you could decide to contact OVO by calling them on 0330 303 5063 and open a new account. I suggest you mention that you'll only agree to move from Spark if OVO will apply the required Warm Home Discount!

If you need further help, please feel free to re-post here.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @jamest89 Welcome to the Forum. Excellent first question.

The formal company announcements from OVO, Spark and Ofgem all suggest that your contract currently remains a Spark one. See Ofgem Notice here. OVO have taken over the company Spark Energy and three other related companies.

There are a number of regulatory steps which have to occur in sequence, starting with outstanding Charges against the Company being "satisfied", followed by the appointment of a Board of Directors and/or an administrator. If you know your way around the Companies House website, you can follow this process as it happens.

In order that there is no disruption to Spark's customers, [color=#606090]Ofgem
has agreed that the company may trade, but under OVO's licence.

If you feel unhappy with this, then there is an agreement that no exit fees will be applied should you choose to terminate your contract with Spark and move elsewhere.

Of course, you could decide to contact OVO by calling them on 0330 303 5063. I suggest you mention that you'll only agree to move from Spark if OVO will apply the required Warm Home Discount!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Sorry... the new Forum software isn't allowing me to correct the errors I made in tags. Aaagh! That should have read:-

In order that there is no disruption to Spark's customers, Ofgem has agreed that the company may trade, but under OVO's trading licence.

Of course, you could decide to contact OVO by calling them on 0330 303 5063 and open a new account. I suggest you mention that you'll only agree to move from Spark if OVO will apply the required Warm Home Discount!

Hi, I've tried to apply for the warmer home discount after my account was switched from spark to Ovo but it keeps saying my account number that they gave me is not recognised, please help.
Userlevel 2
Hi @Fleety

I've moved your query over here as @Transparents answer should help!
The web site is just linking me to the Ofgem site and it says nothing about the warmer home discount.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Fleety - unless we're advised differently, for the time being Spark customers should continue to apply for the Warm Home Discount with Spark directly, and contact the Spark customer services team for any help and advice they need.

Thanks