Solved

Wrong info on "could you pay less" section of bill - can you help?

• 24 May 2017
  • 4 replies

I have recently received my yearly energy summary statements for gas and electricity both state how much i can save on the Better Energy (all online) tariff, I was slightly confused by this as I thought I was on this tariff, I rang to see how I could make the savings stated, and was told I was already on the cheapest tariff and the statement was wrong, so I asked to be sent a correct statement but the answer was we are working on it but it won't be happening soon, I have been happy with OVO so far but is this a sign of standards slipping.
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 9 June 2017, 17:17

I have recently received my yearly energy summary statements for gas and electricity both state how much i can save on the Better Energy (all online) tariff, I was slightly confused by this as I thought I was on this tariff, I rang to see how I could make the savings stated, and was told I was already on the cheapest tariff and the statement was wrong, so I asked to be sent a correct statement but the answer was we are working on it but it won't be happening soon, I have been happy with OVO so far but is this a sign of standards slipping.

Hi @Gunfa

I'm just checking if this was explained to you in the end? I recon I know what you're referring to and I can advise you here. That way everyone else with the same query will know (by the way I've edited this topic so others can find it more easily).

We're now obligated to state the cheapest tariff available on your statement, even if you're on the cheapest already. It should clarify that 'You're already on our cheapest overall tariff' on the same page though.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick and you feel you're being advised incorrectly about a saving, send over a PM with your account number, name and DoB. Please be advised that a 2 year fixed Better Energy tariff is more expensive then a 1 year better Energy tariff, so this might explain the advice given.

Hope this helps,
Tim
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Gunfa welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you've had trying to get an accurate yearly energy summary statements for your duel fuel supply.

Given you've reached out to OVO already and unfortunately haven't been given any timescales or indeed an accurate yearly energy summary statement for your duel fuel supply yet, please send @Lucy_OVO a private message with your full name, address including post code, ovo account number and date of birth and Lucy will be able to either give you a timescale for than accurate yearly energy summary statements for your duel fuel supply being sent out or she will actually be able to send it to you when she picks up your message.

i hope that this will be sorted for you soon,
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Gunfa

I'm just checking if this was explained to you in the end? I recon I know what you're referring to and I can advise you here. That way everyone else with the same query will know (by the way I've edited this topic so others can find it more easily).

We're now obligated to state the cheapest tariff available on your statement, even if you're on the cheapest already. It should clarify that 'You're already on our cheapest overall tariff' on the same page though.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick and you feel you're being advised incorrectly about a saving, send over a PM with your account number, name and DoB. Please be advised that a 2 year fixed Better Energy tariff is more expensive then a 1 year better Energy tariff, so this might explain the advice given.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Hi Tim

This has not been explained correctly, I cannot see where it says I am already on the cheapest tariff.

*text deleted to protect customer information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tim

This has not been explained correctly, I cannot see where it says I am already on the cheapest tariff.

*text deleted to protect customer information.

Sorry for not being more clear, @Gunfa

I've edited your reply to remove that account info, and I'll send you a PM now so that I can look into this for you.

Cheers,
Tim