Solved

Wrong electricity tariff after V2G switch on, can I change it back?

• 9 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Hello,

I filled my contract tariff query on your website form a few days ago, but got no acknowledgement back that you had received it, or any actions taken. So have re-sent it below in case the form failed.

I was required to change from an Economy 7 tariff to a Single Rate tariff for the V2G trial participation. I received a new OVO Electricity contract by email on Sunday (4 August) but you have put me on the wrong tariff. I joined OVO in December 2018. Previously my tariff was called "EV Everywhere 2 Year Fixed Energy - 13 November 2018" with Day Rate of 16.13p and Night Rate of 9.02p, after the switch on of the V2G unit (2 August) my smart meter was showing a Single Rate of 14.02p which was the single rate of the 13 November 2018 tariff. However the new contract received shows a tariff name of "2 Year Fixed Energy - 20 March 2018" (note the date in the tariff name being some 9 months before I joined OVO), and my smart meter is now showing a Single Rate this morning of 17.81p.

Please could you switch me back on to the correct tariff that I signed up to "13 November 2018" (but single rate not E7). Or alternatively and preferably, I am happy to be switched on to your current EV Everywhere tariff (29 July 2019) (both electricity and gas) as this will fix my prices for the same period as the 2 year V2G trial and therefore not have any shocks mid-way through the trial.

Hope you can help?
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 9 August 2019, 17:15

Hey @piersjk.

I've changed the title of your post, just so that other users can find it more easily, This is something that you'll need to contact our team to get sorted, as it's account specific.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

Hope this helps!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @piersjk.

I've changed the title of your post, just so that other users can find it more easily, This is something that you'll need to contact our team to get sorted, as it's account specific.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

Hope this helps!