Solved

Why was my gas not billed for months until now? Large bill!

• 18 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I've just been informed by OVO customer service that my gas has not been billed since the start of 2018, hence a rather high bill this month!
Customers services said they knew about the issue but this was never communicated to me.
All gas and electric readings have been provided but despite this OVO appears to have had an issue.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 20 September 2018, 17:58

Sorry to hear @Mark_F @NJ7352 - it sounds like there was some kind of issue that's recently been picked up.

If that's the case, we've messed up for sure. That said if you're getting the online discount (Self Service Discount), we'd expect you to do some chasing of a missing bill.

If you wanted the issue looked into, or advice on a payment arrangement, it might be best to give our Collections team a call: 0800 0699 831.
View original

3 replies

Hi Mark.

Yes like you I have just discovered a similar problem. Not billed for electric for 12 months despite providing monthly readings. OVO knew this but never got around to telling me!. Now had a bill for £5411.00!! This is 5x my average dual fuel annual bill.
I'm told however that not to worry as the "unbilling team" are looking into it!
Seems OVO are not as good as they like to think.
Thanks for replying.
I thought my bill at £375.00 was bad enough but yours is terrible.
When I asked customer services why they didn't tell me they knew there was an issue with submitted gas readings I was told "well you know now"!
Unbelievable, i'll be switching soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Sorry to hear @Mark_F @NJ7352 - it sounds like there was some kind of issue that's recently been picked up.

If that's the case, we've messed up for sure. That said if you're getting the online discount (Self Service Discount), we'd expect you to do some chasing of a missing bill.

If you wanted the issue looked into, or advice on a payment arrangement, it might be best to give our Collections team a call: 0800 0699 831.