Solved

Why is there a smart meter reading on my online account but an estimated reading on my bill?

• 13 July 2019
  • 3 replies

App and online usage is showing smart meter reading but my bill and payment has been based on an estimate and is considerably more.
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 16 July 2019, 11:23

We had an issue like this before where the wording on the bill was wrong but everything else was correct, @S1973. We'd need to take a look into this to confirm this is the case, or if this is something new. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. Don't worry if you don't use social media, just email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

The payment can take a few days to clear on your account, so this may explain why the balance hasn't updated yet.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
That's odd, @S1973 Do the dates on your bill and next to the smart meter readings match up?
Yes they all tally up. But the bill was considerably more than the gas reading. The electric was more and that's as expected. Overall the bill was about £50 more than it should have been. Also my recent monthly payment of £129 even though it shows on payments in does not show in my account balance.
Userlevel 5
We had an issue like this before where the wording on the bill was wrong but everything else was correct, @S1973. We'd need to take a look into this to confirm this is the case, or if this is something new. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. Don't worry if you don't use social media, just email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

The payment can take a few days to clear on your account, so this may explain why the balance hasn't updated yet.