Solved

Why is my Self Service Reward less than I expected?

• 21 February 2019
  • 5 replies

We have been promised a Special Reward of £15.00 per quarter for doing all our dealings with you online. Having just renewed our contract with you and factored in this discount, we find that the refund for the last contract was only £51.74 and not £60.00 as expected.
Could you please explain as to why this has occurred?

We have e-mailed earlier and got a reply saying that you are rather busy taking on new customers from a failed supplier so were prepared to wait the 3-5 working days for a response. However a week later we received an e-mail "How did we do?" to which we had to reply - not well at all.
We look forward to receiving your comments at your earliest opportunity.
Many thanks
Iain & Lyn 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 February 2019, 18:35

Hello

I dont work for Ovo, I'm just a customer like you but I can have a guess at what's happened. Before October last year the reward was an online discount paid monthly so you would have received £5 discount (£4.86 before VAT) (for gas and electricity) applied to your bill each month. From October the discount became the self service reward and was applied to your account every 3 months, so for October, November and December the reward was applied on your next statement after 15th Jan, the amount being £15.00 reward (£14.29 before VAT).

However if your contract renewed between Jan 1st and now no reward has yet been paid for January or February (this is due after 15th April) so over your 1 year contract the reward will appear to be less than £60. This is one of the problems with the self service reward, it uses fixed dates and each customers contract will start and end on dates that fall between the dates where the self service reward is applied to accounts.

I hope this helps, you may need Ovos help for a more detailed explaination, as they will know the specific dates your contract started and ended, however if you do contact them you need to check that you dont loose the discount for the next 3 months because you have emailed them.
View original

5 replies

Hello

I dont work for Ovo, I'm just a customer like you but I can have a guess at what's happened. Before October last year the reward was an online discount paid monthly so you would have received £5 discount (£4.86 before VAT) (for gas and electricity) applied to your bill each month. From October the discount became the self service reward and was applied to your account every 3 months, so for October, November and December the reward was applied on your next statement after 15th Jan, the amount being £15.00 reward (£14.29 before VAT).

However if your contract renewed between Jan 1st and now no reward has yet been paid for January or February (this is due after 15th April) so over your 1 year contract the reward will appear to be less than £60. This is one of the problems with the self service reward, it uses fixed dates and each customers contract will start and end on dates that fall between the dates where the self service reward is applied to accounts.

I hope this helps, you may need Ovos help for a more detailed explaination, as they will know the specific dates your contract started and ended, however if you do contact them you need to check that you dont loose the discount for the next 3 months because you have emailed them.

Hi,

Why have I received less than half of the self service reward this quarter?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @stevebethere and welcome to the Forum.

That’s a good question… but unfortunately not one we can solve here!

On the Forum we are fellow customers (and not all with OVO either). We haven’t got access to your account and payment details.

I suggest you email them and ask. This will not affect your SSR because it’s not something you could’ve resolved for yourself online.

Post here again if you need further help.

Thanks for your reply and info I will do that :ok_hand:

All sorted, once again thanks