Solved

Why have OVO changed my bill from being in lots of credit, to debt, and back to credit but not the full amount?

• 16 August 2018
  • 1 reply

I have used purposely used very little energy this year, been away for two months in Japan and energy was switched off.
Have not had heating on since I returned and always switch off gas boiler in a morning after a shower.
I was slowly building up my Credit which was around £430.
Today 16th August I had a Statement which informed me I was £421 in Debit, after speaking to them they
Tell me there was a gas reading Error, this is impossible because I switch it off everyday.
To go from £ 430 credit to £421 debit and the back to £255 credit absolutely stinks of a blatant rip off.
I moved from N power to OVO to protect myself as they were forever making the same mistakes.
Now. It seems like I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.
I am 70 yrs old and raging mad that I cannot do a thing about this companies inafficiencies.
I will be leaving this company as soon as possible, I can see another Npower in the making.
They did a quick assessment of my bill and put me back in credit but not the full amount.
Absolute crooks
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 18 August 2018, 14:33

They did a quick assessment of my bill and put me back in credit but not the full amount.

Not good to hear @Activeone but it's worth remembering that any charges will be based on meter readings. Maybe your high credit balance was based on estimated usage....

It might be best for a service team to help with this: get them on Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Not good to hear @Activeone but it's worth remembering that any charges will be based on meter readings. Maybe your high credit balance was based on estimated usage....

It might be best for a service team to help with this: get them on Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com