Solved

Why have OVO changed my bill from being in lots of credit, to debt, and back to credit but not the full amount?

• 16 August 2018
  • 1 reply

I have used purposely used very little energy this year, been away for two months in Japan and energy was switched off.
Have not had heating on since I returned and always switch off gas boiler in a morning after a shower.
I was slowly building up my Credit which was around £430.
Today 16th August I had a Statement which informed me I was £421 in Debit, after speaking to them they
Tell me there was a gas reading Error, this is impossible because I switch it off everyday.
To go from £ 430 credit to £421 debit and the back to £255 credit absolutely stinks of a blatant rip off.
I moved from N power to OVO to protect myself as they were forever making the same mistakes.
Now. It seems like I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.
I am 70 yrs old and raging mad that I cannot do a thing about this companies inafficiencies.
I will be leaving this company as soon as possible, I can see another Npower in the making.
They did a quick assessment of my bill and put me back in credit but not the full amount.
Absolute crooks
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 18 August 2018, 14:33

They did a quick assessment of my bill and put me back in credit but not the full amount.

Not good to hear @Activeone but it's worth remembering that any charges will be based on meter readings. Maybe your high credit balance was based on estimated usage....

It might be best for a service team to help with this: get them on Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Not good to hear @Activeone but it's worth remembering that any charges will be based on meter readings. Maybe your high credit balance was based on estimated usage....

It might be best for a service team to help with this: get them on Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings