Solved

Why have my prices changed for my 2 year fixed contract?

• 22 March 2018
  • 4 replies

I left EON to join Ovo on a 2 year fixed monthly rate.....now within 3 months you have told me you are changing my guarantee fixed rate (or should I write not a fixed fixed rate)

Why?

And I do understand that my gas and electricity usage fluates .
icon

Best answer by Transparent 23 March 2018, 12:28

Ah... now I understand @Messiy!

So OVO Accounts have asked you to increase your DD based on the usage they can see from your meter readings.

However, the actual amounts per KWh and the Standing Charges have been kept at the rate which applied when your Contract started. That's what is called Fixed in the energy industry.

If you actually want to contact OVO direct and get their response then you can email hello@ovoenergy.com, but they won't reply to specific customer queries on this open Forum because Ofgem would rap their knuckles!
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Messiy,

I'm not sure we can fully answer this on the Forum because we don't have access to your Customer Records of course.

However, I too am on a relatively new 2-year Fixed Contract, and I've received no notification of any changes in my Tariff.

I know that the current 2-year Fixed is different to the one I started in December. The Standing charge has been lowered, but the price per unit of both gas & electricity has risen. Even before taking the Exit-Fees into account, I can see that this isn't favourable to me, based on my predicted usage figures. So I'm obviously sticking to the existing Contract.

What changes have you been notified of?
Are you sure this actually affects the Contract you're currently on?
Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply..

I was given a fixed price for 2 years..i thought that was that...and i knew id have a bill to pay in 2 years ...

Now i dont need to do anythng as they will raise my d/d for me....so kind......

STOP ADVERTISING FIXED PRICE FOR 2 YEARS WHEN ITS FALSE

its doesnt matter anyway- no one can contact them once they have you 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ah... now I understand @Messiy!

So OVO Accounts have asked you to increase your DD based on the usage they can see from your meter readings.

However, the actual amounts per KWh and the Standing Charges have been kept at the rate which applied when your Contract started. That's what is called Fixed in the energy industry.

If you actually want to contact OVO direct and get their response then you can email hello@ovoenergy.com, but they won't reply to specific customer queries on this open Forum because Ofgem would rap their knuckles!
Thanks Transparent