Solved

Why have I paid more in April than in March, when my usage was actually less?

• 4 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi, I have just received my statement for April and I have paid significantly more than I did more March, whilst my usage was actually less. Although it says on the ovo dashboard that my usage is 13% more, the actual meter readings show that I used less.
icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 6 May 2019, 14:13

That's odd @elliottc, it may be to do with estimation.

If you provide a meter reading on your online account, it would override any estimations, which would then override this high bill.

If this was to an actual meter reading, then it may be that the previous month was an estimate, and the estimate was too low. This would mean you'd have to play catch up, and it would look like a much higher usage than expected.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Hey @elliottc, sorry about the delayed response!

If you provided a reading the day before your statement is due there should be no need for an estimated reading to be used.

I think it's be best if you pop our team a message, they'll be able to look into this further.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

☺
I mean the readings for my usage. Yes I did provide a meter reading for each one.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @elliottc,

Your readings should have gone up, if you've been at the property using gas and electricity.

Did you provide a meter reading online just before each bill was due?

Thanks
Hi,

My readings for Feb, March and Apr are all roughly the same that is why I am confused.
Userlevel 2
Badge
That's odd @elliottc, it may be to do with estimation.

If you provide a meter reading on your online account, it would override any estimations, which would then override this high bill.

If this was to an actual meter reading, then it may be that the previous month was an estimate, and the estimate was too low. This would mean you'd have to play catch up, and it would look like a much higher usage than expected.

Thanks,
Ed