Solved

Why have I been sent 2 final statements?

• 9 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I moved out of the property from March 24th 2019.

• I paid £73 on March 1st to cover period of gas and electric Feb 1- Feb 31.
  • I paid the final statement that was sent to me £35.19 on 30th March, which I assumed covered March 1 - March 24th.
  • I was then charged £73 on April 1st which I disputed, as I had already paid my final statement and had moved out of the property. This was refunded.
I have now received another final statement for £33.54. Ovo has said that this is because electricity wasn't paid for between 1 Feb - March 24. However I paid £73 for the month of February and another £35.19 for the 24 days in March, which compared to the price of my previous statements for the past year seemed correct. I can provide evidence of this same pricing for 12 months if required.

I was told OVO can't see the payment of £73 on March 1st because it was made to Economy Energy who would have been my provider in February.

Has anybody else had an absolute nightmare with EE and OVO? I've called customer service and no one can give me a month by month clear account of what I owed but I am certain I am paid up to date. Absolute nightmare, I just want to get this account closed and never speak to OVO again!
icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 12 August 2019, 13:48

Welcome to the forum, @luisawhitton321, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, your query is account specific, therefore you'll need to get in touch with our team.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

Thanks!
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to the forum, @luisawhitton321, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, your query is account specific, therefore you'll need to get in touch with our team.

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

Thanks!
Hi Amy,

I emailed hello@ovoenergy 3 days and had no response yet. I tried talking about this on the phone but they wanted me to send the proof of payment March 3rd by email which I have. Seeing as I cant directly email the advisor from the phone I'm sure my email will be confusing for whoever picks it up
Userlevel 5
Response times to emails are a little longer than usual at the moment, @luisawhitton321. You can request a call back in the email, that way the agent can call you when they pick up your email and you can discuss it in more detail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Actually @luisawhitton321 I've found that it doesn't matter which Customer Services Advisor picks up an incoming email. So long as they can identify me by Account-number, Address & Postcode etc, they have no difficulty picking up an issue which one of their colleagues has previously dealt with.

I once had a problem, but that was my fault because I'd sent the message from a different email address. As you would expect, this got flagged up as "suspicious"!