Solved

Why does my first smart bill have usage from two different meters on it?

• 8 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Joined Ovo in September. Smart meters fitted to gas and electric. Statement showing charges for two separate gas meters when only one is fitted. Why????
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 9 January 2018, 11:46

Joined Ovo in September. Smart meters fitted to gas and electric. Statement showing charges for two separate gas meters when only one is fitted. Why????

Hey @JAT,

Just so you know I've changed the title of your post and added some tags so other users looking for the same information can find it.

It sounds like this is the usage on your old gas meter before we installed a smart meter, and then the start of your billing on the new meter. If you look at the dates next to the readings, this should fall in line with the date you switched to us, the date we exchanged the meters, and an up to date reading.

If you've only got gas on the bill and not electricity, we might still be waiting on some information from our engineers. We can chase this up for you if you send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, account number and DoB.

Cheers,
Nancy
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hey @JAT,

Just so you know I've changed the title of your post and added some tags so other users looking for the same information can find it.

It sounds like this is the usage on your old gas meter before we installed a smart meter, and then the start of your billing on the new meter. If you look at the dates next to the readings, this should fall in line with the date you switched to us, the date we exchanged the meters, and an up to date reading.

If you've only got gas on the bill and not electricity, we might still be waiting on some information from our engineers. We can chase this up for you if you send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your full name, account number and DoB.

Cheers,
Nancy
Why did you change the title of my post? I am not just enquiringly about my first statement. I am enduring about my first and all subsequent statements which all show gas consumption on two meters. Since I received a rebate for over payment from my last supplier it is unlikely that I am still being charged for consumption before I changed supplier. Full details will be sent in a separate message but please change the title back to the original and do not close this thread.
I don’t use Facebook or Twitter. Please provide an email address where I can send my enquiry to.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @JAT,

It's purely so other users with the same or similar issues can find help and advice easily.

We'll only be charging you for gas usage since you came on supply with us, that's for sure. Anything prior to your OVO start date will be, as you quite rightly said, settled with your old supplier. However, there should only be one statement with two meters included, which will be the one covering the smart exchange date. If this isn't the case, I'd advise getting in touch.

You can email our Customer Services team at hello@ovoenergy.com.

Cheers,
Nancy