Solved

Why do I keep getting large estimated bills?

• 27 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Why are you charging me an extortionate amount for an empty flat for 3 months (over £162.00) - especially when i have just received a previous bill from the last tenant and realise we are in £146 credit!
1st reminder was £85
2nd reminder was minus £4
3rd reminder is £162!
plus you are saying it is for electirc AND GAS - when our gas is a top up card meter.
I am getting nowhere with this and it is frustrating and time consuming - 6 phone calls to you = 12 hours total of my time.
the flat was empty so does not equal to £162.
when we had the last tenant in the flat for 10 months, the bill was £123.
so you do the math!
PLEASE SORT THIS OUT NOW!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 27 March 2018, 16:35

You are saying it is for electric AND GAS - when our gas is a top up card meter...... the flat was empty so does not equal to £162.

This is an odd one @77c

As it's very account specific, I don't think a forum user will be able to help much with this.

From the sounds of it, we're estimating your usage. The estimates will be based on the property's average annual usage, and if the house is currently empty, these estimates will be way off. The best way to sort this will be to submit a reading whenever we bill you (just before the bill), and to change your billing cycle to once every 3 months instead of once every month.

This might not be the issue though - so we can check for sure, please reach out to the team via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks,
Tim
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
You are saying it is for electric AND GAS - when our gas is a top up card meter...... the flat was empty so does not equal to £162.

This is an odd one @77c

As it's very account specific, I don't think a forum user will be able to help much with this.

From the sounds of it, we're estimating your usage. The estimates will be based on the property's average annual usage, and if the house is currently empty, these estimates will be way off. The best way to sort this will be to submit a reading whenever we bill you (just before the bill), and to change your billing cycle to once every 3 months instead of once every month.

This might not be the issue though - so we can check for sure, please reach out to the team via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks,
Tim
Hi, my property has remained empty since 31st Oct. The gas was disconnected in November and there has been very little electrical usage. I have tried to phone several times to discuss this and fully appreciate there will be standing charges and some usage but receiving a bill today of £226.08 surprised me. I wrote to you last week acknowledging the gas is due to be reconnected next week (which has not happened yet). Can the payment wait until the meters are back in the property and read correctly? I am happy to pay towards this bill but not the figure stated. I have. emailed you this morning for a call please. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Can the payment wait until the meters are back in the property and read correctly?

Have a look at the advice given above, @sallyjane - we'll just need an up to date reading and a new bill to correct these charges.

If you're not able to get to the property to give us this reading, and there's large estimated charges, give our Customer Support team a call so we can consider putting a hold on any collections activity: 0330 303 5063

Have you considered getting one of our smart meters? More info (and a link to the booking platform) here!