Solved

Why did OVO reduce my refund from EE?

• 15 August 2019
  • 1 reply

I was a customer at EE and after many phone calls and Emails I received a final bill in June and duly sent this to OVO.

At this point I made an application to switch to another provider, paid an extra payment to ensure that including my refund I WOULD BE IN CREDIT, however OVO decided to block my move as they state I had an outstanding balance.

Again many phone calls and emails ensued, with various promises that the block will be lifted etc.

I have had various reasons given as to why they were unable to provide a refund and the latest in response to a formal complaint was that .....the final bill did not include VAT and so I need to take this up with Grant Thornton as they cannot authorise my final bill.

I sent the bill as they suggested to GT and a week later decided to check my account and all of a sudden I notice my outstanding balance has been reduced by £230.00 so I now owe 2.65.

I scrutinise my illustrative statement and realise that instead of the outstanding credit refund of 262.90, they have reduced my bill 230.86.

I am tired of having to continually pursue this company to carry out their professional duty but it seems the fight goes on.

Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 19 August 2019, 15:47

I scrutinise my illustrative statement and realise that instead of the outstanding credit refund of 262.90, they have reduced my bill 230.86.

I don't fully understand this situation @brrrr

Any disputes about the charges being presented to you from Grant Thornton needs to be raised with them directly. Their contact email address is: Economy.Energy@uk.gt.com.

If it's the OVO balance or bill, and this is effecting your switch to a different supplier, please reach out to us directly so we can straighten this out: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I don't fully understand this situation @brrrr

Any disputes about the charges being presented to you from Grant Thornton needs to be raised with them directly. Their contact email address is: Economy.Energy@uk.gt.com.

If it's the OVO balance or bill, and this is effecting your switch to a different supplier, please reach out to us directly so we can straighten this out: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Tim