Solved

Why can't I access any of my account details?

• 17 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi, When logging into my account the site defaults to paym.ovoenergy.com/pre-registering despite being a customer for one year. Clicking on any of the menu options such as Meter readings, Usage etc provides me with the same "You are switching to OVO on
6th October" message. Maybe some site maintenance ongoing or am I missing something ?
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 17 September 2018, 16:19

Hello @colinric

Hmmmm this is very odd. Ok, let's try and see if we can fix this. If you are using Google chrome as your default web browser. Please click on the three dots located at the top right of the screen and click on "New Incognito Window" What this will do is open up a new window in private browsing meaning no browsing history or cookies are stored. Once you have done this, please try logging into your OVO portal account. If this works, you will need to delete your browsing history from your web browser.

If you are using a different web browser, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks
Matt
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hello @colinric

Hmmmm this is very odd. Ok, let's try and see if we can fix this. If you are using Google chrome as your default web browser. Please click on the three dots located at the top right of the screen and click on "New Incognito Window" What this will do is open up a new window in private browsing meaning no browsing history or cookies are stored. Once you have done this, please try logging into your OVO portal account. If this works, you will need to delete your browsing history from your web browser.

If you are using a different web browser, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks
Matt
Hi Matt, That worked perfectly thank you. Appreciate the quick reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @colinric. I agree with @ITGeek123.

And if you're using Firefox browser, you can open a new "Private Window" with Shift-Ctrl-P.
I have the same trouble, all of a sudden this week August 2019 I can't access the Ovo login portal.
I'm on IE.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Still an issue, @RobC2 ?

Might need the Customer Care team to check if it's a behind the scenes issue: hello@ovoenergy.com
Thanks Tim,
Yep it's still an issue, am waiting to here from them.
Will ring Monday if nothing by then as I'm going away for a week & need to check my contract status or I wont be able to cancel my new contract.