Solved

Where is my final statement from Economy Energy?

• 17 July 2019
  • 5 replies

We’re is my final statement from economy? Still waiting, I’ll be taking legal action as I am owed money,, be soon on to me if I owed them money.?????
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 18 July 2019, 13:06

Hi @Richy23,

If you've not received your final statement yet, it might be worth getting in touch with the team. At this point, the vast majority of accounts that came over to us from Economy Energy have received their bill and had a refund.

If you left Economy Energy before they collapsed, their administrators (Grant Thornton) will be finalling all previous accounts and issuing your final statement. Once they've done this, they'll also confirm the final balance to OVO, and we'll be able to issue your refund.

If you've got the bill but haven't had your refund, then please make sure you get in touch and pass it onto us so we can confirm the final balance as soon as possible. If you haven't received anything yet, the likelihood is that the administrators haven't processed this yet. However, it could be worth checking with us too in case for any reason you've missed it or they haven't sent it. Please give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook (m.me/ovoenergy) with your account number, full name and DoB.

Thanks,
Nancy
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Richy23,

If you've not received your final statement yet, it might be worth getting in touch with the team. At this point, the vast majority of accounts that came over to us from Economy Energy have received their bill and had a refund.

If you left Economy Energy before they collapsed, their administrators (Grant Thornton) will be finalling all previous accounts and issuing your final statement. Once they've done this, they'll also confirm the final balance to OVO, and we'll be able to issue your refund.

If you've got the bill but haven't had your refund, then please make sure you get in touch and pass it onto us so we can confirm the final balance as soon as possible. If you haven't received anything yet, the likelihood is that the administrators haven't processed this yet. However, it could be worth checking with us too in case for any reason you've missed it or they haven't sent it. Please give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook (m.me/ovoenergy) with your account number, full name and DoB.

Thanks,
Nancy
Just rang OVO and apparently they are still waiting on my final statement,,
Userlevel 5
Badge
Thanks for keeping us updated, @Richy23.

This is an unprecedented situation, in normal circumstances 6 weeks would be enough time for the validation to have gone through and your refund would have been issued.

Unfortunately Economy Energy went into administration, therefore things are taking a bit longer than we would like, we have done our upmost to try and move things along as quickly as possible.

Your patience is really appreciated.
I have also not heard anything , think I may give OVO a call,
I have also not heard anything , think I may give OVO a call,
I phoned them yesterday, they just said that they havnt recieved my final statement off economy yet.