Solved

When will I be charged for my electricity?

• 8 March 2018
  • 9 replies

OK !! Come on Ovo let your customers have their electricity sorted. This will be going to watchdog if not sorted soon!!! And we won’t be paying a huge bill
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 March 2018, 15:55

I'm really sorry to hear about the troubles you've had in receiving your first electricity bill, @Dizzy diana

It sounds like this has been going on for a while and I'd really like to look into this for you. Can you send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number?

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

If you don't have Facebook, please call the Care team on 0330 303 5063.

Thanks,
Emma
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm sorry, @Dizzy diana, the rest of the Forum hasn't much of a clue what this is about.

This Forum is used by us customers to discuss energy-related technology and help each other answer questions. WE don't have access to the confidential data and correspondence held by OVO themselves. So it's just impossible for us to resolve issues like this in the public Forum.

I've looked back to see that you've already got two other threads on what seems to be the same issue. This is something that can only be handled through the Complaints Procedure. In 99% of cases this gets matters sorted. But you can't even progress to the next stage of the Energy Ombudsman until you've taken the three steps in OVO's published Procedure.

The Complaints system is audited. OVO's Managers receive updates on progress in resolving matters. This Forum doesn't even cross their desks.

I can sense your frustration, but I would urge you to stick to the steps in the Procedure. It would be embarrassing to end up on Watchdog if you've not exhausted all the proper, audited channels.

I hope it goes well for you.
Hi all I want is to pay for the electricity I’ve used
I'm sorry, @Dizzy diana, the rest of the Forum hasn't much of a clue what this is about.

This Forum is used by us customers to discuss energy-related technology and help each other answer questions. WE don't have access to the confidential data and correspondence held by OVO themselves. So it's just impossible for us to resolve issues like this in the public Forum.

I've looked back to see that you've already got two other threads on what seems to be the same issue. This is something that can only be handled through the Complaints Procedure. In 99% of cases this gets matters sorted. But you can't even progress to the next stage of the Energy Ombudsman until you've taken the three steps in OVO's published Procedure.

The Complaints system is audited. OVO's Managers receive updates on progress in resolving matters. This Forum doesn't even cross their desks.

I can sense your frustration, but I would urge you to stick to the steps in the Procedure. It would be embarrassing to end up on Watchdog if you've not exhausted all the proper, audited channels.

I hope it goes well for you.
actually I think you will find this electricity ayment is a problem by many in this forum going by peoples answers
End of the day this is a forum and people talk
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh, I agree.
It's just that we can't resolve the issue on the Forum... and I guess that's going to apply to most Complaints.

Several years ago I wasted five months writing to an Energy Company about incorrect gas bills. It was confusing because my previous company was also still billing me for gas.

I then read their published Complaints Procedure and acted on it. Within 12 weeks I had exhausted the three stages of their procedures and I took the matter to the Energy Ombudsman. His staff were very helpful. They took over the case from me and started demanding copies of log-files and documents which I didn't even know existed.

In the end, the Ombudsman found in my favour and gave a 5-point Directive for the Supplier to follow. I was awarded interest on over-payments as well as compensation.

The question I asked myself at the end was "Whyever did I bother going through the initial 5 months of hassle?!"

The system works.
Strange thing is I phoned Ovo and their rep said he would email me the outcome about my electricity within a few hours !! Now that was over 24 hours ago still waiting!! Looks like I have to chase it up again soooo annoying
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I always use email for complaints. You not only get to keep a copy but it has a date/time stamp on it.

If the company insist on phoning me during a complaints process, I send an email back to them with a resume of what I think they've just told me. If I haven't understood what they said, then the onus is on them to clarify it.

It just makes life so much easier.
Yes I’m keeping e.mails
I'm really sorry to hear about the troubles you've had in receiving your first electricity bill, @Dizzy diana

It sounds like this has been going on for a while and I'd really like to look into this for you. Can you send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number?

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

If you don't have Facebook, please call the Care team on 0330 303 5063.

Thanks,
Emma