Solved

When does my self service reward get paid?

• 22 November 2018
  • 44 replies

Show first post

44 replies

Further to my previous emails about the non payment of my SSR. After much discussion with OVO they have agreed to pay me the £15 SSR as a ‘goodwill’ gesture and have claimed that it was not paid as a result of a ‘misunderstanding’ about contact I had with them. The only contact I had with them was when they contacted me to wrongly tell me to increase my DD. I replied telling them my DD amount was perfectly fine and after checking they agreed with me. So I was going to lose my £15 because OVO gave me wrong advice and I queried it. That’s why this scheme is completely unworkable in its present format.
Still do not know why I haven't received the full credit. I notice that changing the direct debit may have some effect, I did reduce mine by £15 per month after paying an additional £200 into my account in November, this shouldn't affect my credit. I can remember a few years ago that when I renewed my contract it didn't automatically renew the credit, after contracting OVO it was renewed but I lost 1 months credit.
HI I joined in june 2019 on the self reward plan . It's now October and still no reward I have done everything they have asked . Is this a common problem.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Welcome to our forum, @Chezza 78, I've popped your post here, there is plenty of relevant and useful info on this thread.
I have just had my latest statement and the self -service reward has not been credited. I have done everything to qualify for it. How do I query this without phoning, which then disqualifies me for the reward? !!

Check out the above👆🏻best answer too!

Cheers!

I renewed my contract on the 29th July 2019 after spending the previous few days calculating the costs compared to other suplliers and it started at the end of my original contract in mid August 2019. At the time I renewed it there was no mention that Self Service Reward was stopping and I was totally unaware it was going to stop. My account is on the new system and I have just checked my bill so far for the month of October and I was expecting to see the £15 (incl VAT) self service reward covering the months of July, August & September but the figure is showing as £7.22 excl VAT. I looked at the forum and read that it was stopped for new customers and renewals from the 29th July. I realise it can be stopped but if it was still in existence on the day I signed up for the new contract then surely it should continue until the end of my contract as I had already factored the fact that I would receive SSR in my calculation. It should not stop because my new contract started after the 29th July. Could somebody explain whether this is correct as I feel the contract I took out at renewal should include SSR for the period of that contract.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Have a look at this topic here, @GaryF - lots of info and debate on payment timings. If you feel there’s been an error with your payments, it will need someone with access to the account to check - email us here: hello@ovoenergy.com

Tim

I haven’t received my self-service reward this month.  I renewed my contract in August and moved to the new tariff towards the end of September.  I see in this forum and on the website that Ovo considers the Self Service Reward to have ended for those who renew on or after 29 July.

When I renewed my contract, I relied on the quotes and the Terms and Conditions.  It is these that govern my contract with Ovo and not any other information on the website or in this forum.  The Terms and Conditions include reference to the Self Service Reward.  My October statement still tells me what I need to do to earn my Self Service Reward.

I signed up based on a set of terms and conditions which include the reward.  What do I need to do to get Ovo to pay the reward in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract which was agreed without losing the reward because I have contacted them.

Hi, I am a long standing OVO customer, for how much longer I don’t know, but it appears my self service  reward isn’t being paid this quarter ‘cos I needed to ring OVO. My email had been compromised so I couldn’t email and I had a credit of over £600 which I was concerned about so wanted to make OVO aware in case anything happened. Strangely when I rang my bank to inform them of my email issue  they thanked me for being proactive, yet OVO penalised me. Hey Ho, only 3 months to go till I take my custom elsewhere.

I don't appear to have received any rewards for my account which was renewed in March of this year and have not made any contact by phone or email  please advise

Userlevel 5
Badge

Check out the above thread, @SJW, if this doesn’t help please reach out to our team. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com, or give them a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 9-5 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063.

But if l email won't this effect the rewards offer? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You won’t lose that reward, @SJW - if the reward hasn’t been added, this is an issue that you can’t sort out yourself. First, check the statement to make sure it hasn’t been added. Once confirmed that there’s an issue, reach out for help and we certainly won’t be penalizing you for doing it!

Come back and let us know what happened though, would be good to know in case anyone else has a similar issue. 

Userlevel 2

Sir Appearing on bill.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Derek Higgs - I’ve moved your post onto this thread. You should be able to find the info you need about the SSR above!

Userlevel 2

How do I display my full bill showing ssr recieved.Derek Higgs. Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge

You’ll find the info you need here in this thread, @BrianThomasScott69, you'll find the payment on page three of your statement under other transactions, as @Slinky outlines below:point_down:

@Landolas

I see, you should be getting it but without looking at your bills I can't say for sure. You should see something like what I've circled below...

9a94ce2b-920b-4b75-b647-4519b4ca19bb.jpg

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

You’ll find the info you need here in this thread, @BrianThomasScott69, you'll find the payment on page three of your statement, as @Slinky outlines below:point_down:

@Amy_OVO 

When I posted the above comments I confused the OVO Interest Rewards with the Self Service Awards. The information I highlighted on the above bill has nothing to do with SSR.

Incidentally I think the SSR award is in complete disarray! I’ve needed to contact OVO more times then I care to mention over non-payment of this award, yet OVO promise me each and every time the issue has been rectified and won’t happen again, excepting of course that it does!! Most recently I received a telephone call from OVO to address this issue to me personally, one of several I believe.

I’m currently waiting for my November 2019 bill to see if OVO have stuck to their word this time. :fingers_crossed:

I’m looking forward to the end of my contract so I can find a more reliable energy provider.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I was using the screenshot as an example of where to look for other transactions, @Slinky, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues. The October payment was late and was added on the 15th you can find more about this here.

I’m hoping the November statement is correct, if isn’t please reach out to the team. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Amy_OVO 

My issue seems unrelated, I’ve experienced issues with non-payment of my SSR for possibly a year or more, honestly I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve contacted OVO about this. I’ve heard lots of excuses and been promised it will be sorted but then by the time the next payment is due it’s gone wrong again. I accept what OVO have told me in private telephone conversations and I’m grateful for their calls but it doesn’t seem to solve the problem. I can only hope this month shows the £7.50 I’m owed from my October bill, if not I’ll seriously be considering jumping ship.