Solved

When does my self service reward get paid?

• 22 November 2018
  • 27 replies

I have just had my latest statement and the self -service reward has not been credited. I have done everything to qualify for it. How do I query this without phoning, which then disqualifies me for the reward? !!
icon

Best answer by ITGeek123 22 November 2018, 15:34

Glad you got it resolved :)

This payment will be made quarterly. In terms on when you get paid the reward, I hear it's from the 15th January onwards. So if your January bill is before the 15th, it will be added on your February bill, and then once a quarter from then on!

It will be on a pro rata basis from the date you switched till the end of that quarter. So if you joined in December, you'd only get one month's worth of the reward in your Jan/Feb bill!
View original

27 replies

Oh I think I've worked it out, had to get deep into the T&C's, it's paid after the end of every quarter now, not monthly, so the next payment is in January after the December quarter finished.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Glad you got it resolved :)

This payment will be made quarterly. In terms on when you get paid the reward, I hear it's from the 15th January onwards. So if your January bill is before the 15th, it will be added on your February bill, and then once a quarter from then on!

It will be on a pro rata basis from the date you switched till the end of that quarter. So if you joined in December, you'd only get one month's worth of the reward in your Jan/Feb bill!
When was the £7.50 quarterly credit per fuel arrangement started? I make all contact online, pay by D.D. and have a smart meter so don't have to give 3 monthly meter readings, yet I can't see any £7.50 credits to my account.
I understand that the new system came into effect on 1 October. Am I right in believing I should therefore get my £15 credit for dual fuel after 1 January?

I note from my bill dated 6 January that no credit has been applied and there is nothing showing on my payments history.

Is it paid via the monthly statement or as a credit via the payments history?
Hi please can someone advise on the following before I lose my self service reward by calling and asking about it....The irony!!
My Oct statement I received my self service reward (statement date 2nd Sept 2018 to 2nd Oct 2018) so I presume 3 months later I should get my next reward. 2nd Jan 2019.
But it's not on there there is no reason for it not to be I have follow the rules. Is this their error or my miscaulation and it will be in next one?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Paulojf and @Lulu,

I've moved your posts onto this topic where you should be able to find the information you need.

Hope this helps!
Hi Nancy_OVO
Having searched the whole site I can't find the answers to my questions which is why I posted it as a question again.
Can you tell me how it's paid and also when it's paid?
You may also be able to answer me as to whether OVO is deliberately going out of it's way to wind-up it's customers?
Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Paulojf - as @ITGeek123 mentioned above, your Self Service Reward will be paid on your first bill after the 15th of month following the end of the quarter.

So if your bill is usually on the 25th of the month, your reward for the quarter ending December 2018 will appear on the bill on 25th January 2019. Your reward for the quarter ending March 2019 will appear on the bill on 25th April 2019.

However, if your bill is usually on the 5th of the month (ie before the 15th), your reward for the quarter ending December 2018 will appear on the bill on 5th February 2019. Your reward for the quarter ending March 2019 will appear on the bill on 5th May 2019.

Thanks
Hi,

Had a smart meter fitted 15th October and contacted OVO twice on 19th and 28th December asking why my account appears not to have been rewarded as promised via the offer sent to my email account on 2nd October - all conditions met. OVO haven't replied, so we wondered if anyone else has had/was having same problem? Current plan coming to an end and recent customer service from OVO not encouraging me to stay!?

Kind regards, Ray
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
What kind of plan are you on? Is it a fixed rate tariff? OVO have stopped offering the reward on variable rate tariffs.
Hiya - fixed rate and they contacted me by email with the offer - I met the conditions - they just don't seem to have kept their part of the deal?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Landolas

I see, you should be getting it but without looking at your bills I can't say for sure. You should see something like what I've circled below...

Userlevel 4
Badge
Dear Ovo

My statement for December arrived and as always I check for anything awry. There is no indication that I've been "rewarded" -- for sterling services towards reducing Ovo's overheads -- by managing my account all online.

1) Our quarterly £15 (£7.50 per fuel) rebate. Is this something that gets reduced from the bill the month *after* each quarter? E.g. October 1st to December 31st, the "reward", will it be reflected on January's bill available in February?

2) Also, will the bill clearly indicate that we have the "reward", or indeed, that we DO NOT and WHY?

Many thanks.

PS Well done on being awarded those 235,000 extra customers you've taken on after the collapse of Economy Energy. Added to the 290,000 extra customers from Spark Energy's collapse, I suspect that you will strive to find even more creative ways to not have actual direct contact with customers. Best of luck.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Rooty I've moved your query here as others users have already posted about this.

Have a read and if you are not clear on anything, please comment so we can try and help.

Darran
I do not appear to have been given my self sevice rewards for the last quarter although I have complied with all OVO's conditions for these payments. I cannot contact OVO directly without being penalised for the next quarter. This seems like a Catch 22 situation. Has anybody else had this problem.
I have just received my latest bill for the period 20/12.18 - 20/1.19. My understanding was that the £15 reward was paid 15 days after 1st Jan so should have been deducted from this bill but it hasn’t been. Am I right in thinking that if I write to complain about this I will not risk losing my reward as you are allowed to complain without gettting a sanction? Completely unworkable and ridiculous system in my view!
Yes indeed. I contacted them on 19 October to query how the self-service reward worked. Like you, I didn't get my £15 reward in the January statement and queried it. This was the response I got today (at the 2nd time of asking):

"Thank you for your recent customer survey response.

"My name is Ben and I am part of the Customer Satisfaction Team at OVO Energy. I tried to call you today but, unfortunately, could not get through.

"I can confirm that the SSR was removed due to a non-quaulifying email on 19.10.2018. However, we do have an appeals process for this type of situation, with a view to criting the SSR back onto your account.

"Following your feedback, I will aim to contact you again within the next two working days to discuss this, and go through the appeals process with you. May I also offer my sincerest apologies for the last response you received which gave only generic information; I have logged a dissatisfaction case on your account. "

To be honest, I can't really be bothered with an appeal, I will just switch suppliers!

The only way to query a bill, then, is to raise a formal complaint, which seems to be allowed under the T&C's?
Hi,

Quick update:

I had this positive and encouraging email reply from OVO on 14th January which I have pasted below. I'll update this thread again once I receive a statement confirming the actions promised - hope this helps. Just to confirm, I ended up raising a complaint which resulted in this response (fingers crossed!). We've decided to stay with OVO :-

"Thanks for your email, I am sorry you've not had the best service from us recently.

I have credited your account today with the £30 for the smart meter booking reward and the missing £7.50 for your Self Service Reward (SSR). It is clear that both things should have been paid to you and I am really sorry they weren't.

I can confirm that the nature of your communication to us would not result in your SSR being lost for the current quarter.

Thank you for your patience whilst we have resolved this. I hope that we have not caused you to opt to switch supplier but wish you all the best for the future whatever your decision.

Kind regards,

Ashley"
According to the information from OVO last year, their new arrangement for this discount is: paid for a 3-monthly period, in the month following that, and appearing in the statement received the month after that, provided one has managed enquiries via My OVO, and as I am doing now, after spending 5 minutes dodging My OVO's invitations to contact OVO by post, email, or phone, i.e by any means bar this one. Having got here, the point is: the previous monthly payments stopped in October, so the first 3 months were October - December, the discount should have been paid in January, and appeared in the statement received in February, but it has not. Why not?
So I spoke to the Customer Satisfaction Team and they have agreed to reinstate the £15 SSR.

And confirmed I haven't lost it for the Jan-Mar quarter for querying why I didn't get the previous quarter's SSR. That's a 'complaint' apparently :)

Whilst I am happy with that, I do feel Ovo is making up the rules as they go along on this.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I had the same trouble, my January bill did not include any Gas and therefore I only received the SSR for my Electricity usage.

OVO's excuse was that due to an erroneous transfer of my Gas account some weeks before my Gas statement wasn't generated. I have since received that statement but no SSR was awarded. I PM'd one of the moderators who looked into this for me and my SSR has now been fully credited however my account does not say where this money came from, my balance just magically increased. From an auditing point of view I think this is highly unacceptable, all transactions in or out of my account should be identifiable and in this instance they are not.

Talk about massaging the figures! It's hardly professional, I expected so much more from OVO.
New credits calculation
Sorry but didn't know how to put my query. After receiving my invoice for the January usage I see that my 'self service reward' is £14.29 for the December 2018 quarter. I calculate that taking into account the 5% discount and that the calculation is based on the number of days in the quarter, the annual credit will be £57.59, not the £60 advertised. I queried this with OVO on February 2 but have not received a reply.
Has anyone queried this with OVO?
Further to my previous post to the OVO forum on 2nd February 2019, and not having had any response, I have this additional query concerning the new arrangements for the online discount:-
Recall from my first enquiry that, “OVO’s previous monthly discount payments stopped in October, so the first 3 months without payment were October - December, and the discount should have been paid in January, and appeared in the statement received in February, but it did not. Why not?” Not having had a reply, I start to speculate as to possible reasons, and wonder what I am supposed to do now. According to your information in your email of 5th October, if I contact you by email, post, or phone, I lose the discount. Also, I can only contact you via My OVO which only lists those three! There is the Forum – though it is not obviously described as the place to raise a query such as this. But what else? So I tried that on 2nd February - and without result. So I start to speculate. Was the discount cancelled because I emailed you about it on 6th November? But that was partly about your email to me on the 5th October. Does that count against the discount? And so against the first two months? And anyway, if you don’t reply to queries raised on the forum, what else is there?
If I don’t receive a sensible reply to this, I shall have to contact you by one of the other ‘banned’ methods, and then lose the discount for a total of five months. This all suggests that OVO’s new conditions are actually designed to prevent customers raising legitimate queries or complaints. And that would be something I would take to the Ombudsman Services, which means I would also need to send it to OVO’s Chief Executive. Am I right in presuming he or she is at the address given on your website?
No where (i can find on the site) do OVO confirm self service rewards. So when requested to increase Direct Debit it does NOT show any SSR discount

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings