Solved

Two OVO accounts - both on the same tariff but why are the unit rates different?

• 15 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I have two accounts with OVO - both get Gas an Electricity. I am on the Fixed Two Year online plan for both.

For one account the Price/kWh is: Electricity - 11p, Gas - 2p
For the other account it is: Electricity - 16p, Gas 3p

Why are they different?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 17 April 2019, 11:12

Hi @rhianlw,

I'd imagine the plans started at different times. Depending on the current cost of gas and electricity, we update the unit rates and standing charges on our tariffs to accurately reflect wholesale costs. So for example, and fixed plan that started in January 2018 may have different unit rates and standing charges to the same plan starting in June 2018.

If the properties are in different areas, this would also affect the costs on the same plan due to differences in transportation and maintenance costs.

Hope this helps!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @rhianlw,

I'd imagine the plans started at different times. Depending on the current cost of gas and electricity, we update the unit rates and standing charges on our tariffs to accurately reflect wholesale costs. So for example, and fixed plan that started in January 2018 may have different unit rates and standing charges to the same plan starting in June 2018.

If the properties are in different areas, this would also affect the costs on the same plan due to differences in transportation and maintenance costs.

Hope this helps!