Self Service Reward is no longer available for new and renewing customers - will you miss it?

• 6 August 2019
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

For starters there seems to be no one to talk to at ovo.
I was under the impression that I would get £60 off my bill per utility (gas and electricity) but that seems to have gone now.
Also, I had a smart metre fitted last year which left my original electricity box labelled DANGER TREAT AS LIVE". This is in my house and ovo has still done nothing about it.
I'm wondering why I have stayed with ovo??
Userlevel 6
Badge
We appreciate the feedback @PeterL. It's a shame to hear you're switching away, all the best with Octopus! 🐙

@Missbob - I've moved your post over here which is where you should be able to find the information you need about the Self Sevice Reward. As for speaking to a person, you can give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on https://m.me/ovoenergy with your account number, full name and DoB.
I'm in the process of renewing my contract, and have been offered the "2 Year Fixed Energy 06 September 2019" for gas & electricity. Does this deal qualify for the self service discount?
Userlevel 5
Badge
I've moved your post here, @Is_it_just_me, check out @Tim_OVO's post at the top of the thread for more info!

☺

In my opinion, this is a breach of contract by Ovo - the self service reward cannot be withdrawn without specifically telling customers.  Putting the information on the website and in the forum is not communicating the information.

I signed up to a new deal in August.  The link to terms and conditions when I signed up takes me to October 2018 conditions which include self-service reward.  My October bill (which should have included the self-service reward payment but didn’t) tells me what I need to do to earn the SSR.  On that basis, it is my view that it remains part of my contract, but Ovo has not paid.

As Ovo has not communicated the removal of the SSR to me, the payment of SSR was in the T’s & C’s and in the bills which Ovo has sent to me, Ovo is not complying with the terms which it is sending to me.

Hi, I’ve been with Ovo for a number of years now and have been really pleased so far. I’m looking to renew but my offers don’t include the rewards scheme I’m currently getting which is approximately £15 per quarter discount off my bill. I also get a 5% interest award  

Could anyone confirm if the quarterly discount will still apply to my new offers please. 

Many thanks

Mrs Wilshaw

Userlevel 5
Badge

Welcome to the forum, @Sarahwilshaw, please check out @Tim_OVO’s post at the top of this thread. 

Thanks!