Solved

Not so smart meter - why aren't my gas readings going through?

Has anyone else had issues with their smart meter readings, I see @EverythingNeedsAUserName had similar....

Smart meter fitted at the start of this year and recently we discovered our gas readings weren't going through and our bills were still being estimated. I rang to rectify this and they stated they didn't have the correct meter number, they changed this and the readings appeared in the portal, as did a new statement and a new £220 debit....

The original issue was that the old bills hadn't been taken off, but then comparing the bill to the smart meter I am being charged for 9100 kWh whereas the smart meter for the entire year is 4300 kWh....

I've had 3 calls and sent an e-mail, today I got an e-mail saying my statement was ready and it's the same erroneous statement from 7 days ago.

Has anyone had similar and if so how was it resolved? I've spent more time on this than I wanted to already
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 1 June 2018, 10:48

Hey @OVOyoudon't,

I've added some tags to your post so other forum users can find it and give you a hand!

If you want OVO to help look into this, drop us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenrrgy.com.

Nancy
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
My only problem was that the solar readings weren't reported electronically (yet) . The normal readings were spot on and reflected in the bills.
Sorry @EverythingNeedsAUserName, I had read your post about helping your neighbour to get on a smart meter
Userlevel 3
Sorry @EverythingNeedsAUserName, I had read your post about helping your neighbour to get on a smart meter
Ah, with you now, sorry. I'd forgotten all about that one! It took 2 months but the readings now work perfectly.
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @OVOyoudon't,

I've added some tags to your post so other forum users can find it and give you a hand!

If you want OVO to help look into this, drop us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenrrgy.com.

Nancy
Hi

Anybody have an idea what we can do. Our gas bill has gone through the roof. We have had a smart meter installed to understand whats happening but this just confuses things. Our Electricity bill is correct because it shows that we have paid for what we have used. Our gas bill is mental. For example in April to May we used £434 pounds of gas. We have turned off the gas completely and are freezing and still have used £60. The gas appears to be estimated from Ovo and it is this thats getting us into debt.

Thanks for your help
Userlevel 5
Hi

Anybody have an idea what we can do. Our gas bill has gone through the roof. We have had a smart meter installed to understand whats happening but this just confuses things. Our Electricity bill is correct because it shows that we have paid for what we have used. Our gas bill is mental. For example in April to May we used £434 pounds of gas. We have turned off the gas completely and are freezing and still have used £60. The gas appears to be estimated from Ovo and it is this thats getting us into debt.

I'm sorry this was missed, @julierock. If we're estimating the smart meter readings, we may not be communicating with the meter. We'll need to carry out a smart meter health check to determine the issue.

Take a look at the best answer for more help with this! 🙂
Hello, I had smart meters installed some time ago for both Gas and Electricity. When online I get a message telling me that meter readings are not required for electricity as I have a smart meter, however the gas tab asks for a meter reading and shows that the last several months gas usage have been on an estimated basis. Could you explain or resolve please.
My smart meter is not showing electricity. Gas is working normaly.
Mine is the same? It seems to show no electricity since 3rd or 4th July??
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @OVOyoudon't,

Nancy

I've popped your post here @medders, check out the best answer above.

The forum is a great place to find out info, welcome, I hope you enjoy using it!
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @cookleyman, @HOff1974, and welcome to the forum!

Please check the best answer by @Nancy_OVO above.

Cheers!