Solved

No statements after smart meters installed - why?

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Just a quick one @tsp - I've combined this query to an older topic on the same issue, so it's all in the same place!

Tim
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
What is a PM?

It stands for a Private Message @richardo - I've actually edited my 'best answer', as sending us mods a Forum PM isn't the best contact channel for you to get a quick response. Instead:

- Send over a PM via Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/ovoenergy/
- A DM via Twitter: @OVOEnergy
- Email us at: hello@ovoenergy.com

Thanks,
Tim
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I had Smart Meters (gas and electricity) installed on 3rd March. When will I see my first statement? Your FAQ says it can take 6-8 weeks (though not why it takes so long), but it is now over 10 weeks.

I can see my usage on the website (though strangely not in the app), so I know the meter readings are going to you, and obviously my DD credits are accumulating, so the lack of statements is not a major issue, but presumably I ought to be getting them at some point ...

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

From what you've said I can only speculate that there is a communication issue with the technology.

the first port of call is to reach out to the ovo customer care team either one the phone or using an online platform (if using an online platform please include your full name, address, ovo account number and details of the problem as outlined here) and one of the lovely team will help you sort this out.

Please do let us know how you get on,
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
OK, I've PM'd Tim ...

Good stuff am sure @Tim_OVO will pick up your message as soon as he can 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
I had Smart Meters (gas and electricity) installed on 3rd March. When will I see my first statement? Your FAQ says it can take 6-8 weeks (though not why it takes so long), but it is now over 10 weeks.

I can see my usage on the website (though strangely not in the app), so I know the meter readings are going to you, and obviously my DD credits are accumulating, so the lack of statements is not a major issue, but presumably I ought to be getting them at some point ...

Richard.

Thanks @rgphilpott - yes no fear @Mattj3135 I'm here and ready to advise 😛 Well actually, I've already got this sorted and I've sent them a PM to advise.

For anyone else with the same issue, this is often caused by a delay in setting up your account with your new meter details. We allow ourselves 6-8 weeks to get this done, and a delay of this long is perfectly normal. If it's longer, something's not quiet right, and it tends to need someone from OVO to have a quick look and get it sorted. So if it's been over 6-8 weeks since the smart meters were fitted and you still have no bill, drop me a PM with your account number, name and DoB so I can take a look!

Thanks,
Tim

Now that is what you call service! Thank you @Tim_OVO