Solved

No gas bill or statement since joining OVO - why?

I haven't had a gas bill since I joined OVO 4 months ago
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 11 July 2017, 17:41

Sorry to hear this, @Amanda Herbert.

There could be a variety of reasons for why this has happened. One of the most likely explanations is that your gas might be supplied by an Independent Gas Transporter (IGT). If it is, it takes a bit longer (up to 12 weeks) for us to receive the necessary switch information to be able to bill your account. For more information on IGT’s, please take a look here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/the-switching-process/what-is-an-independent-gas-transporter.html. Likewise if there's a holdup in being sent your electricity switch details this can also cause a delay in your billing.

Send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) for us to check this for you.

@buzzard- I’ve responded to your most recent private message about your query.

UPDATED 10/07/19

IGT's can now be treated in line with normal gas supplies, so the 12 week time frame above is no longer the case. Everything will go through just like a regular gas switch.

Lucy
View original

37 replies

Amanda if you read my posts you'll find you need to keep any email from Ovo and screenshot the readings you have sent them. They will deny having had readings from you, and claim it's your fault. If you can prove, by keeping their emails, that's a lie they will try a different lie. In my case they said I'd requested a house move - however I still had an email showing they had actually changed my account.

I have now left ovo - they waived the exit fees - and got a cheaper deal elsewhere. So now they have started requesting monthly meter readings from me.

Phone them, asking here does nothing.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Sorry to hear this, @Amanda Herbert.

There could be a variety of reasons for why this has happened. One of the most likely explanations is that your gas might be supplied by an Independent Gas Transporter (IGT). If it is, it takes a bit longer (up to 12 weeks) for us to receive the necessary switch information to be able to bill your account. For more information on IGT’s, please take a look here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/the-switching-process/what-is-an-independent-gas-transporter.html. Likewise if there's a holdup in being sent your electricity switch details this can also cause a delay in your billing.

Send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) for us to check this for you.

@buzzard- I’ve responded to your most recent private message about your query.

UPDATED 10/07/19

IGT's can now be treated in line with normal gas supplies, so the 12 week time frame above is no longer the case. Everything will go through just like a regular gas switch.

Lucy
i have had a gas statement but not an electricity one
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Amanda Herbert are you able to advise @kev on this one? :8
I switched to ovo mid- October to November and I've submitted my Oct-Nov readings (about 2-3 weeks ago) and it said my statement would be processed and I'm still yet to receive anything. As a student household we are concerned about the cost and how long it takes to get bills paid. We switched to Ovo from glide because we were ensured ovo would be quick and efficient. Yet to see this or even receive my welcome pack after it supposedly being sent twice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I switched to ovo mid- October to November and I've submitted my Oct-Nov readings (about 2-3 weeks ago) and it said my statement would be processed and I'm still yet to receive anything. As a student household we are concerned about the cost and how long it takes to get bills paid. We switched to Ovo from glide because we were ensured ovo would be quick and efficient. Yet to see this or even receive my welcome pack after it supposedly being sent twice.

Not a great start, @Vanessa112

Have a look at the 'best answer' (at the top) for a few suggestions on the issue and what to do to get this checked.

Tim
Hi, I joined OVO last October and signed up for dual fuel. I have recently submitted my gas and electricity readings and noticed a large amount of credit showing on my account (over £300), which was quite a surprise. However, when I downloaded my most recent statement (March 2018) I noticed that it only showed me my statement for electricity use, and there was no sign of a statement for gas. This probably explains why a credit of over £300 is showing! My monthly payments are being taken, but only electricity usage is showing. Why is this and how do I get to see my gas bill?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi, I joined OVO last October and signed up for dual fuel. I have recently submitted my gas and electricity readings and noticed a large amount of credit showing on my account (over £300), which was quite a surprise. However, when I downloaded my most recent statement (March 2018) I noticed that it only showed me my statement for electricity use, and there was no sign of a statement for gas. This probably explains why a credit of over £300 is showing! My monthly payments are being taken, but only electricity usage is showing. Why is this and how do I get to see my gas bill?

Hey @bioboy,

I've moved your post to this topic where you should be able to find the information you need. Let us know if you need any more help!

Nancy
That answer doesn't help me at all. I have been with OVO for over 8 months!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
That answer doesn't help me at all. I have been with OVO for over 8 months!

Sorry, @bioboy. Have you got in touch with the team Via Facebook or Twitter as suggested in Lucy's answer at the top? They'll be able to chase up your gas bill for you.

Nancy
Hi Nancy,

Yes I did and they have rectified this on my account now, which is great.

Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Glad to hear it, @bioboy!
Userlevel 1
I have been an OVO customer since February and I want to receive monthly statements. Several times these have not been issued and I have had to contact customer services to get these generated. Why is this basic function so unreliable? Surely this should be automatically produced on the same date each month. Now I have been moved to the ‘new account’ and, guess what, no statement. It’s now 5 working days after the end of the billing period. To add insult to injury I assume if I contact customer services I will now forfeit the new “self service” discount! Not happy, I can’t even get a simple monthly bill without paying extra!

How do I just get a monthly statement please?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Sorry to hear about this @Abreaders. I've moved your query onto this thread as it's on a similar topic.

You're right - it should be quite simple. As it's not, I'm going to assume that there's some kind of glitch on your account. It may be quite forward to fix so I'd suggest dropping me a PM with your name, DoB and account number so I can look into this. If it isn't straight forward, I'll make sure I get the ball rolling so that we can fix it.

Lucy
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the response @Lucy_OVO. I’d like to PM you but am concerned this would stop me receiving the self service discount. Would this be the case? Reading the terms of this new discount, it states that by contacting customer services by phone, email or social media will mean I forfeit the discount for 3 months! It says I can make ‘a complaint’ without losing the discount, but it doesn’t say how. The wording in the help area about this new discount is very confusing. Please could you clarify. I suppose I should add that this post is a ‘complaint’ as far as I am concerned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I’d like to PM you but am concerned this would stop me receiving the self service discount. Would this be the case?

This sounds like an issue, @Abreaders so it wouldn't be something you can 'self serve'. The discount will only get taken away if it's something you can do yourself.

PM us or drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) and we'll take a look!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
So I've just had a reminder email that my December bill is now available online but having checked I can see that I've only been billed for Electricity.., what happened to the Gas????

This just seems to be yet another of a long line of billing issues I've encountered this year and I'm not happy. If there's a genuine explainable reason OVO really should have made an effort to notify me about this beforehand, not wait until I discover it myself.

God forbid this new billing system won't be so flaky!!

It pains me to say it but these repeated issues are one of the main reasons I will probably be looking to change supplier if things don't improve pretty soon.

Hopefully OVO can shed some light on this for me before I lose the will to live.
Userlevel 5
Sorry to hear this, @Slinky, it's a shame to hear you're thinking of leaving us.

It's hard to say what happened here - send the team a message on Facebook or Twitter so they can look into this for you.

You could also email our Customer Care team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Let us know how you get on!

Eva
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Eva_OVO

I didn't say I'm thinking of leaving OVO, I said I will probably be looking to change supplier if things don't improve pretty soon. If OVO stop making stupid mistakes with our bills and getting other communications wrong I won't need to consider those steps.
I have recently moved to Ovo and I chose a flexible plan to start with. I have been asking Ovo team to send me what I need to pay as it is almost 2 months since I moved.
I was told by Ovo on phone about a month ago now that I will be sent a bill or information on how to be paid but I have not got any.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @saibuddharam - I've moved your post over here where you can find more information about missing statements. Hopefully you'll find this useful, feel free to ask any further questions below.
My last few energy statements only seem to focus on my electricity usage despite me having both utilities with OVO. Can anyone tell me why?
So I'm not alone!

Something's wrong with the new platform. Gas isn't talking to it even though Ovo gets the readings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@Clarabelle75 @geoffss - have a read of this thread and the 'best answer' for possible reasons for this... Keep us updated!
Someone at Ovo would appear to have revised my meter number (wrongly!) on 27th December 2018. Taken til a few days ago to correct. Still no £15 for 1st Jan. though ...