Solved

My address is wrong on the national database - why won't OVO accept my payment?

• 11 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm using split the bills this year with my two housemates, which we individually give money to and then they send over the full payment to Ovo energy. However, Ovo energy won't accept the payment because they haven't updated the national database with our address details and thus are saying our address is wrong even though we've asked them to update it twice. This means Ovo energy is now sending us bills we have to pay even though we're already paying our bills through Split the Bills, as Ovo is not accepting their payment and thus I'm paying double what I should do. Can someone please help us?
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 13 November 2018, 16:55

Hey @abbanstanza123,

Your address on the national database won't affect us taking a payment from you. You shouldn't be charged twice for your usage - you'll only receive one monthly statement.

It sounds like there's an issue with the third party you're using to pay the bills, we haven't heard much about them - so we can't comment on this. I'd recommend getting in touch with them to find out what the issue with the database is. We can then get this updated, this usually takes 2-4 weeks depending on the issue.

You can send us a message on Facebook or Twitter to get this resolved, if you don't use social media - send the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Eva
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Hey @abbanstanza123,

Your address on the national database won't affect us taking a payment from you. You shouldn't be charged twice for your usage - you'll only receive one monthly statement.

It sounds like there's an issue with the third party you're using to pay the bills, we haven't heard much about them - so we can't comment on this. I'd recommend getting in touch with them to find out what the issue with the database is. We can then get this updated, this usually takes 2-4 weeks depending on the issue.

You can send us a message on Facebook or Twitter to get this resolved, if you don't use social media - send the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Eva

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings