Solved

My 2 rate meter isn't clocking usage on both rates - why?

• 12 January 2020
  • 3 replies

I have just noticed reviewing my energy account with OVO that from 1/11/19 to 27/12/19 the meter readings for economy 7 night time usage went to 0 and the night usage was added to the day usage making it like a single tariff.  This resulted me being over charged!  

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Also I would advise you go back and review your online account smart meter reads as this is how I spotted the error.

Seems like these smart meters are not fit for purpose!

Also had issues with the indoor display locking up intermittently for long periods of time even though it is 2ft away from the meters.  

When this was reported to OVO nothing was done !

icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 14 January 2020, 13:12

I’ve never come across this before, @ollyelec, if I was to guess it could be that the meter isn’t on the right tariff. 

This is something we’d need to investigate, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don’t use social media, email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Don’t forget to come back here when this has been resolved, we'd love to know what happened here! 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had a reply yet, @ollyelec, there’s a bit of a delay but the team will get back to you as soon as they can. 

I haven't got access to your account, so I can’t answer those questions I’m afraid. It could be a simple error that can be easily sorted, but the team can check this when they work your email. Essentially we don’t have the resources to actively check every customers account, so the first time we hear about an issue is usually from the customer. When an issue is raised we rectify it as soon as we can, if there’s been an overcharge here we would process a refund or adjust your balance on your account. 

Userlevel 5

I’ve never come across this before, @ollyelec, if I was to guess it could be that the meter isn’t on the right tariff. 

This is something we’d need to investigate, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don’t use social media, email the team on hello@ovoenergy.com.

Don’t forget to come back here when this has been resolved, we'd love to know what happened here! 

Eva

Thanks for your reply, which is a lot more than I have got from emailing Hello@ovoenergy.com, which is the first thing I did on Sunday.

Its now three days on and I have had no reply on this even though I resent the email again yesterday.

You get the default reply email back saying we reply to emails 7 days a week and we will contact you within 48 hours.  Not happened in this case!

The billing seems to be ok since I joined Ovo near the start of 2019, so why would it suddenly jump from a dual to a single tariff on November 1st 2019 and then back again on December 27th 2019 ?

You can see this in the Kwh vs £ graphs as well as the fact the night time reading stays frozen for nearly two months whilst the day time nearly doubles.

Also does Ovo not flag weird things like this when they happen or would Ovo have pocketed the extra money I have been charged and kept quiet about something that seems to be pretty serious, a smart meter reading error ?

So when will Ovo credit me what they have incorrectly charged me and explain how this can happen ?