Solved

Monthly statements

• 22 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Until this month my single monthly statement used to show both my gas and electricity consumption. This month I have received two separate statements, one for gas and one for electricity. Why is that? In addition each of the two statements only covers 9 days and not a monthly period. Does any one know why the statements have changed in this way?

icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 25 November 2019, 12:57

Hey @canary1 have you had smart meters installed recently or had them changed??  If so, this might be why these have been split.  The new meter details can be passed back to us separately, so this then means we need to bill each meter.   

You can get these back on one bill, we just need to make some changes to part of your account to sort this.  Just give us a quick call, the current wait time is only 4 minutes, so you’ll get through to someone pretty quickly and we can get this resolved. :)   You can contact us again via Facebook, but might be quicker, given the current wait time to call.  

Worth noting you wouldn’t lose your SSR for calling about this, as you need to call to resolve, its not something you can do yourself online. :) 

View original

5 replies

Thanks, Ivor. In addition to the change in the number of statements I received, the usage graph shows no gas or electricity consumption for October which is obviously not the case as I have paid bills for that period. Before I approach them through Facebook, am I right in thinking that if I e mail OVO directly about these queries, i automatically lose my SSR even though they are legitimate queries?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @canary1 have you had smart meters installed recently or had them changed??  If so, this might be why these have been split.  The new meter details can be passed back to us separately, so this then means we need to bill each meter.   

You can get these back on one bill, we just need to make some changes to part of your account to sort this.  Just give us a quick call, the current wait time is only 4 minutes, so you’ll get through to someone pretty quickly and we can get this resolved. :)   You can contact us again via Facebook, but might be quicker, given the current wait time to call.  

Worth noting you wouldn’t lose your SSR for calling about this, as you need to call to resolve, its not something you can do yourself online. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Ivor Appleyard given you seem intent on making it harder work for our other members to get the help they need, I’m removing your last 2 comments on here, as they are neither helpful, or advising the right course of action to help us resolve any questions or queries quickly for people.

If you’re not able to provide useful help or advice, please refrain from posting and making it harder work for our members to get help.  

Hi Darran

Thank you for your helpful reply. Following your suggestion I have just rung OVO and one of your colleagues, Sarah, explained what she thought had happened and was then able to make some changes to my account so that I will now only receive one statement and the usage graph will show the correct reading  . The wait time was only about two minutes and my SSR has not been affected. Thank you for your help - excellent customer care!

Userlevel 5
Badge

This is great to hear, @canary1, thanks for the update. 

:relaxed: