Solved

Monthly Payments not covering what I'm using, why?

• 6 August 2017
  • 1 reply

Ive just had a letter stating that my account is over 150.00 in debit. Yeah not surprised at this as in the beginning when I switched to OVO they set my monthly payment at 26.00 per month which, at the time, I thought, ok well that's a lot less than what I pay now but if they say that's what I should pay then bring it on. So now they tell me that I should increase my monthly payments from 26.00 to 122.00!!! Are they kidding me? I wish I had stayed with my previous supplier now and as soon as this contract is up I think I will be changing.

I tried to change my monthly payment to 40.00 but it wont accept anything other than the 122.00.

Well done OVO...thanks a lot!!
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 7 August 2017, 13:00

Hi @Momak

That original direct debit amount does sound very low. When a customer signs up, we do rely on customers to input their house size, usage and what you were paying your previous supplier which is then used to calculate the recommended direct debit amount that you then sign up to.

If you give us accurate readings across the year, we will review your direct debit from time to time to ensure you are paying the right amount for what you are actually using. In this case, it seems that it was set too low, therefore we will have suggested an amount you change it to, to ensure you are able to clear any debt you have accumulated to be at a zero balance at the end of your contract.

You are also able to manage your direct debit amount via MyOVO on our website. Here it will show you what you are using, or what we estimate you will use if we haven't had any readings, and also suggest a direct debit amount to ensure you have a zero balance at the end of your contract.

I hope this makes sense. Be good to know if anyone else has had any issues with a really low recommended direct debit amount at sign up?

Darran
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Momak

That original direct debit amount does sound very low. When a customer signs up, we do rely on customers to input their house size, usage and what you were paying your previous supplier which is then used to calculate the recommended direct debit amount that you then sign up to.

If you give us accurate readings across the year, we will review your direct debit from time to time to ensure you are paying the right amount for what you are actually using. In this case, it seems that it was set too low, therefore we will have suggested an amount you change it to, to ensure you are able to clear any debt you have accumulated to be at a zero balance at the end of your contract.

You are also able to manage your direct debit amount via MyOVO on our website. Here it will show you what you are using, or what we estimate you will use if we haven't had any readings, and also suggest a direct debit amount to ensure you have a zero balance at the end of your contract.

I hope this makes sense. Be good to know if anyone else has had any issues with a really low recommended direct debit amount at sign up?

Darran