Solved

I don't have an account with OVO - why are they sending me texts?

I got a text from ovo about a final bill but I dont have a ovo account
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 8 July 2019, 13:57

We'll need to check if we've got an account in your name, @Leachy555, if you've just moved into a home there could be an occupier account open for your address.

We'd be happy to look into this send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and full address. Or send get in touch through webchat via the Help Centre.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Paola 

Firstly, it sounds like you have pre-payment meters. If so, then you need to head over to the Boost Forum where they can provide support for you.

Secondly, the correctEnergy Supplier can easily be checked because the master databases are managed by independent third-parties: Xoserve for gas and ECOES for electricity.

To clarify the situation I suggest you message them on webchat via the Help Centre and give them not only your address, but also the Meter Point Reference Numbers and/or Serial Numbers from the meters themselves. They will check these against the relevant databases.

Hi i dont have id number  for login to ovo,and today when we have problem with gas meter  we found out that I'm not in n Power anymore when we called them only in ovo, I didn't get any mail about switching suppliers, I refueled 10 pounds card and shows that it is empty

Thanks

Userlevel 5

This seems strange, @radiorat, you would have an account with us if we’re taking a payment from you. 

It may be worth calling the team about this on 0330 303 5063, they can give you your account number, tariff information and get you logged into My OVO.

Ive been with OVO for at least 2 yrs. I’ve no account details, had one letter welcoming me and each month they take my payments. I need help what to do

bewildered

Userlevel 5

We'll need to check if we've got an account in your name, @Leachy555, if you've just moved into a home there could be an occupier account open for your address.

We'd be happy to look into this send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and full address. Or send get in touch through webchat via the Help Centre.