Solved

How long is "Significantly overdue" in OVO terms?

• 3 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Just received a “NOTICE OF INTENTED ACTION” for a current debt of £13.21 Statement dated 31st October,  thats seven days after I (again...) contacted OVO about billing problems which I was told we had a nill balance on

I had already called OVO, gave another reading on the 24th, a Statement was produced for the month of October, confirmed when I logged in, which I cleared in FULL.   They took a Debit card payment in full to clear the amount on the statement of the 24th, which was significantly less that the c£300/mth OVO keep trying to put our DD should go up to!

So WHY did Ovo then produce another “Estimated Bill” two days later for £13.21, Grossly overestimated the usage for TWO DAYS?  

WHY DO YOU OVO,  KEEP SIGNIFICANTLY OVERESTIMATING OUR USAGE DESPITE REGULAR READINGS BEING PROVIDED AND DESPITE MY OPEN COMPLAINT?) 

WHY HAVE YOU SENT ME THIS THREATENING LETTER?

So I’d like to ask has anyone else had a situation where OVO decide you need a second bill two days after you’d sorted/paid the “Monthly bill” for them to send you a NOTICE OF INTENDED ACTION, claim the amount out standing is “now significantly” overdue and claim “We’ve tried to contact you several times, but you haven’t paid off the debt” when this is fundamentally not true?

No Ovo they haven’t attempted to contact me as per the preferences they have when I log in to Ovo to use EMAIL - Not received any from OVO since the standard “your latest statement” on the 29th October, and NOTHING AT ANY TIME ABOUT an overdue (let alone “Significantly overdue”) debt. OVO also  have my contact number, No missed calls, and whats more still no reply to my compaints about your estimates being far too igh despite reporting and chasing for MONTHS

Is anyone else out there fed up with Energy companies that are unable to run their billing and estimating systems?  Does anyone else think that OVO could well be my third supplier that goes bust on me in the last four years?  Indications suggest they may well be.

Tim

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 5 November 2019, 17:10

I’m sorry to hear of your experience,@TimHereWeGoAGAIN, we absolutely do not want our customer to feel threatened in anyway. 

It sounds like your account may not be set up for manual payments, resulting in the communications you’ve been receiving. We can set you up as a manual payer,  you’d just need to reach out to our team. 

Seems as though we have generated a statement to a reading for your prior to your actual scheduled statement date, this would explain the estimated statement 2 days later. 

Please then reach out to our team on Facebook, Twitter or give us a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 8-6 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063, they’ll take a look into this. 

Thanks!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m sorry to hear of your experience,@TimHereWeGoAGAIN, we absolutely do not want our customer to feel threatened in anyway. 

It sounds like your account may not be set up for manual payments, resulting in the communications you’ve been receiving. We can set you up as a manual payer,  you’d just need to reach out to our team. 

Seems as though we have generated a statement to a reading for your prior to your actual scheduled statement date, this would explain the estimated statement 2 days later. 

Please then reach out to our team on Facebook, Twitter or give us a call. You can reach our Customer Care team 8-6 Monday-Friday on 0330 303 5063, they’ll take a look into this. 

Thanks!