Solved

How do I make a complaint about my bill?

• 28 February 2018
  • 4 replies

I need to make a complaint ive e mailed ovo through their usual email address but not getting anywhere im not a customer. But someone has put my name on a bill and i live in australia now the bills are coming to me they just keep telling me im now responsible we have tennants in the property we own. Im sick to death at sending e mails and notbing is getting sorted. We cant ring as time diffetence is an issue and ive rang twice and get no where. Please can someone advise how i complain. I have no password or official e mail recognised as i didnt set thijs account up with ovo. This is what im trying to tell them
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 March 2018, 17:01

Thanks for getting in touch, @Tracybayliss

I can completely appreciate your frustration here and I'd like to get this resolved for you. Please could you send us a PM on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/ - including the full address of the property in question and your full name? It would also be really helpful if you could send a picture or screenshot of the bill you've received.

Cheers,
Emily
View original

4 replies

Tracy - use Resolver as it's a very trusted site in the UK and you can use it from overseas as well. It will keep track of your case and also tell you your rights such as when you can complain to the Energy Ombudsman if Ovo fail to resolve the issue for you.
https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/ovo-complaints
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I wouldn't usually encourage people to go this far but if your name has been put on a bill and you are certain it wasn't you, please visit:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

And report it, its the UK Police Fraud Reporting site, entering the details will also give you a reference number you can pass on to companies should any other things in your name occur.

In closing also be sure to check if this is a phishing scam and someone is trying to get you to pay a fake bill.

I really hope that helps,

If I can be of any other assistance please get in touch.

Please let me know how you get on,

Best wishes,

Bumblebee 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Tracybayliss,

I am also concerned to read what you have said; and I echo the comments already made by @zak and @Bumblebee.

I have previous personal experience of just such a situation. I have twice discovered that unknown third parties have succeeded in changing the address to which my utility bills were sent. I believe the reason is that they may then use the utility bill as a "proof of identity" as part of a wider scam.

So although I didn't suffer any financial loss myself, I came to realise how important it is to take action once a 3rd party has taken this first step in their planned identity fraud.

I've previously discussed this issue with Moderator @Emma_OVO, which is why I'm tagging her here.

I recommend that you email hello@ovoenergy.com and put Attn Data Protection Team in the Subject line and at the start of your message. OVO take their anti-fraud obligations seriously, and I'm sure that they will be contacting you privately to ask for more details.

They may also, of course, then also investigate further why someone was able to re-route a billing address to Australia, which is somewhat beyond their capabilities for supplying gas or electricity! Every time someone like you raises such an issue, it gives the Data Protection Team an opportunity to re-tighten the procedures.

For obvious reasons, don't expect them to report what action they've taken on this public Forum!
Thanks for getting in touch, @Tracybayliss

I can completely appreciate your frustration here and I'd like to get this resolved for you. Please could you send us a PM on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/ - including the full address of the property in question and your full name? It would also be really helpful if you could send a picture or screenshot of the bill you've received.

Cheers,
Emily