Solved

How do I calculate energy usage for an insurance claim?

• 26 July 2017
  • 3 replies

We have recently had a burst which has caused excessive water damage. The drying out process has involved two machines running 24/7 for almost 3 weeks, how can we calculate the usage/cost for electricity used?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 July 2017, 11:50

We have recently had a burst which has caused excessive water damage. The drying out process has involved two machines running 24/7 for almost 3 weeks, how can we calculate the usage/cost for electricity used?

Sorry to hear that, @johnpb

I’ve tweaked the title of this topic to make it easier for others to find - and added a few tags too.

We won’t be able to see exactly what electricity was used by these machines, but we can certainly look at the total electricity use for that 3 week period and the cost. We’ll need some meter readings to help us work this out, did you take a meter reading close to the date the machines were turned on and again after the 3 weeks?

If yes, please send us a PM on Facebook with these readings, your full name, OVO account number and DoB.

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

Thanks,
Emily
View original

3 replies

Sorry to hear that, @johnpb

I’ve tweaked the title of this topic to make it easier for others to find - and added a few tags too.

We won’t be able to see exactly what electricity was used by these machines, but we can certainly look at the total electricity use for that 3 week period and the cost. We’ll need some meter readings to help us work this out, did you take a meter reading close to the date the machines were turned on and again after the 3 weeks?

If yes, please send us a PM on Facebook with these readings, your full name, OVO account number and DoB.

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

Thanks,
Emily
Hi Emily,

I did not take a reading when they put the machines in but I took one yesterday (XXXX). I was hoping that an average reading for July over the past few years would show the increased usage for July 2017.

Name: John
A/C: XXXXX
DOB: XXXXX

Thanks,
John.
Hey @johnpb

Thanks for getting back to me! I've edited your response to keep your personal details private. I've made a note of those account details and I'll be in touch **Updated 11/07/2019** later on today with more information for you.

Cheers,
Emily