Solved

Have you used the wrong readings on my bill?

• 9 September 2019
  • 1 reply

We had a smart meter installed on the 12th August which the last meter readings are showing on my statement, I then have estimated readings shown for 2nd statement based on the old meter and then I have actual reading from the smart meter so the bill is overcharging me and I have had an email asking me to up my DD by at least £140 a month even though I am over this in credit. Anyone else had this?
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 10 September 2019, 16:09

Hmmm, sounds like something's got a bit muddled here, @Nicole85.

When your old meter is taken out, we take a reading and it's sent by the engineers to OVO. This should show on your next bill (which can take up to 6 weeks from your meter exchange date). It will be listed as 'actual reading', and then the next reading on you bill should be 'smart reading' which will have been sent to us from your meters directly.

If your bill doesn't look like this, it might be worth getting in touch with the team on Facebook so they can look into this for you. Be sure to include your account number (or address and post code), full name and DoB in your message.

Thanks
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hmmm, sounds like something's got a bit muddled here, @Nicole85.

When your old meter is taken out, we take a reading and it's sent by the engineers to OVO. This should show on your next bill (which can take up to 6 weeks from your meter exchange date). It will be listed as 'actual reading', and then the next reading on you bill should be 'smart reading' which will have been sent to us from your meters directly.

If your bill doesn't look like this, it might be worth getting in touch with the team on Facebook so they can look into this for you. Be sure to include your account number (or address and post code), full name and DoB in your message.

Thanks